Chapter 6 Basal Metabolic Rate(BMR)Bond Enthalpy(Bond Energy)Caloric ValueCalorimeterCarbohydrateChange of stateChemical fuelLaw of conservation of energyEndothermicEnergy densityEnthalpy changeEnthalpy of fusionEnthalpy of vaporizationExothermicFirst law
Personal Learning Portfolio Project Due: October 29 Create a book that contains the following: 1. Learning Styles Assessment
*Evaluate your study skills, habit and environment 2. Answer these questions: i. What are study skills? ii. Why are good study ski
Hours left in each day:
Mon Tues Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
Meal preparation/ eating/clean-up:
Transportation (school, work, etc):
long range 1.Neurosurgeon X
3.Get an A in AP US History
How much time have you set aside to meet each goal during your week? A. None B.None C.Every second Does your time allocation reflect the priority of your goals?
Evaluate Initial Skills: A Reflective Survey
Students should answer the questions in this initial evaluation as honestly as possible. Fill in the blanks or check the answer that best describes one's behavior (REFERENCE). I spend _40_ hours per week studyi
Evaluate Initial Skills: A Quantitative Survey
Indicate how often the following statements describe your behavior by writing the appropriate number. This questionnaire is from REFERENCE. Never 1 Occasionally 2 Often 3 Always 4
1. _4_ I feel I have to "cra
The Personal Learning Portfolio Project has taught many things about me that I didnt know. Firstly, I learned that I can retain more information when I hear it spoken aloud. Also, Im a kinesthetic learner, which means that I need to touch, handle, and man
A B C
Place A Place B Place C 1. There are few distractions, such as phone, computer, or TV, in this location.
2. Other people rarely interrupt me when I study in this location.
3. This is a quiet location, with almost no interruptions from phones ringing
Study Habits Questionnaire # 1 For each of the following questions, consider how often you do each of the activities. Rate the amount of time spent on each activity on a scale from one to four, as indicated below. 1 2 3 4 Almost never Less than half the t
1. Y_x_ N_ I spend too much time studying for what I am learning. 2. Y_ N_x_ I usually spend hours cramming the night before an exam. 3. Y_ N_x_ If I spend as much time on my social activities as I want to, I don't have enough time left to study, or when
1. Stephen A. Douglas nickname was Little Giant, so it stood for LG. 2. Theodore Dwight Weld was Angelina Grimkes husband. 3. Robert Toombs was from Washington, Georgia, and he went to Washington, D.C.
as a congressman.
4. Lewis Cass was involved in the N
I looked at Robert Haynes background information, as I entered the room. He was born in South Carolina in 1791, and he had become a prominent lawyer. So, Mr. Hayne, I see that you are a states rightist. Yes I believe that national government often becomes
Harriet Stowe was a very elderly looking woman, who was born June 14, 1811. She seemed as if she was ready to give me a piece of her mind as soon as I stepped into the room. She seemed to have a presence of high intelligence about her, and I began to feel
1. Alexander Hamiltons economic program was designed prima r ily to (A) prepare the United States for war in the event Bri tain failed to vacate its posts in the Northwest (B) provide a platform for the f ledgling Federalist Partys 1792 campaign (C) estab
SQ3R Reading Method
Survey! Question! Read! Recite! Review! Before you read, Survey the chapter:
the title, headings, and subheadings captions under pictures, charts, graphs or maps review questions or teacher-made study guides introductory and concludi
Stress Vulnerability Questionnaire
Always 1 Most of the Time Sometimes 2 3 Almost Never 4 Never 5 _1_ I eat at least one hot balanced meal a day. I _5_ I get seven to eight hours of sleep at least four nights a week. p _1_ I give and receive affection reg
3:00 am 4:00 am 5:00 am 6:00 am 7:00 am 8:00 am 9:00 am 10:00 am 11:00 am Noon 1:00 pm 2:00 pm 3:00 pm 4:00 pm 5:00 pm 6:00 pm 7:00 pm 8:00 pm 9:00 pm Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
425-443; 446-469 American L iteratu re (1820 1865) T H E L I T ERARY H E R I TAGE OF T H E YOUNG REPUBL IC Educated Americans familiar with Greek & Roman history & Euro history & l i terature Edward Taylors poems o Unpublished Benjamin Franklins autobiogr
Slavery played a key role in American economy, politics, and social life prior to 1860. Slavery was the most controversial issue in pre-Civil War era in America. At the beginning of the nineteenth century, many new developments made slave labor
The Spanish monopoly on trade and colonization of the New World ended with
(A) (B) (C) (D) (E)
Chapter 13 C. The Debate on Internal Improvements
1. Jackson Vetoes the Maysville Road Bill (1830)
TheVetoMessageproceedstoinsistthattheMaysvilleandLexingtonRoadisnota nationalbutalocalroadofsixtymilesinonlyonestate.Italsoassertsthepowercannotbe exercised
1. The aging of the American population at the end of the 20th century was primarily due to
A. fertility and mortality rates below their long-term averages.
B. a record number of births after World War II.
C. new methods of contraception and abortion.
As the United States emerged from its colonial status and sought independence from Britain, its own policies and action brought into being nonviolent protest actions that were early forerunners of the modern-day Civil Rights Movement. However, the immigra
The New Nation Terms:
1. Articles of Confederation 2. Critical Period 3. Land Ordinance of 1785 4. Northwest Ordinance of 1787 5. Shays Rebellion 6. Virginia Plan (large state plan) 7. New Jersey Plan (small state plan) 8. Connecticut (Great) Compromise 9
http:/robertarood.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/poe1.jpg 2.) 3.) 4.) Edgar Allan Poe Born in Boston, Massachusetts, on January 19, 1809 (Merriman) Editor of the Southern Literary Messenger in Richmond (Merriman) 58 186 pounds Black eyes and hair
THE GIANT AHAP REVIEW OUTLINE!
By Susanna, Horace Greeley High School Europeans Colonize North America (1600 1640) *English Interest in Colonization* - By the sixteenth century, many countries, including Spain, France and the Netherlands, had established