Lab 05: Resistance in a Wire and Ohms Law
You will need to run a simulation to do the lab. Answer the following questions as you work through
the lab. Write your answers in blue. Re-load the file in Word or PDF format in Moodle before the due
Human activities have greatly increased the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere,
which impacts global climate by warming the Earth. The primary greenhouse gases in Earth's
atmosphere are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxi
3. c. radiation; convection; radiation
4. a. neutrinos and seismic vibrations
5. a. magnetic activity on the Sun
6. a. the mass of hydrogen nuclei.
7. c. light; matter
8. c. the chromosphere and the corona
9. c. creates a
1. b. star B
2. a. star A
3. b. star B
5. Velocity, period, distance
6. b. giant red star.
7. a. The star is too hot for hydrogen lines to form.
8. a. Temperature
9. a. It is cooler than the Sun.
10. d. You
1. b. Gravity causes the cloud to collapse.
e. Once bodies are large enough, gravity pulls them together to make even larger bodies.
f. Gravity causes atmospheres to form around planetesimals.
2. c. collisions between dust grains
3. c. the direc
1. a. a star one- tenth as massive as the Sun
2. a. it starts fusing hydrogen in a shell around a helium core.
3. a. up and to the left
4. c. a star loses mass at the end of its life, forming a cloud of dust and gas.
5. d. degenerate matter obj
1. a. an elliptical.
2. a. the arms of the disk.
3. c. dark matter.
4. c. occur in most, perhaps all, large galaxies.
5. a. be horizontal.
6. c. It doesnt interact with light, as far as we can tell.
d. It gravitationally attracts other matter.d
1. Dwarf planets, moon, asteroids and comets
2. a. compare their features.
d. identify physical mechanisms responsible for their evolution
4. b. only a small amount of a parent body has both stone and iron.
5. d. away from the Sun.
1. d. different energy transport mechanisms occur at different ensities.
2. e. hydrogen
3. b. iron absorbs energy when it fuses.
4. a. time dilation
d. tidal forces
e. gravitational le
Chapter 1 Answers
1. Earth, Sun, Solar system, Milky way galaxy, Local group, Virgo supercluster,< Universe
2. c. all the laws of physics are the same in each place
3. b. the atoms in our bodies have passed through (and in many cases formed in) stars