1. What is the function of the main wing?
2. What is the function of the horizontal tail?
3. What is fuselage and what is its primary function?
4. What is primary function of the elevators?
5. What is the primary function of the ailerons?
Steady flight occurs if the components of the translational velocity vector of the aircraft,
when expressed in the aircraft fixed reference frame, are constant in time
Steady longitudinal flight occurs if the aircraft center of mass moves alon
Chapter 8 Notes
8.1 Steady Longitudinal Flight
Center of gravity moves along straight line with constant V, constant flight path angle/climb rate
and constant thrust
o Assumed side slip angle is zero
Flight path angle:
- Gliding flight refers to the fact that there is no propulsive force acting on the
aircraft, and longitudinal gliding flight refers to the fact that gliding flight
occurs in a fixed vertical plane
6.1 Steady Gliding Longitudinal Flight