SPELLING POLICY FOR GRADING LABORATORY EXAMS
1. If the TA cannot tell what you mean (or has to guess), you
will receive no credit for that question.
2. If the TA can tell exactly wh
1. Plasmodium _ are transferred into human tissue via Anopheles mosquito saliva.
2. _ infect _ cells where they reproduce (sexually/asexually) through
3. The host cell will burst releasing _ into the bloodstream.
4. _ infect red blood cells.
5. While i
1. Humans ingest undercooked fish with encysted _.
2. Once the cyst is digested and the larvae are released, they migrate to the _
and develop into an adult liver fluke.
3. The larvae develop into an adult fluke and exit the human host via _.
4. The ferti
1. _ release egg and sperm, which will form a _.
2. The _ matures into a _.
3. The _ settles on the ocean floor and develops into a _.
4. The _ matures into a _.
5. _ occurs, which is (sexual/asexual), and free swimming _ are
6. The _ matures into
1. Free-swimming _ bud off of the _.
2. _ release egg and sperm, which will form a _.
3. The _ matures into a _.
4. The _ settles on the ocean floor and forms a new _.
5. The _ branches into two types of polyps: _ which
serves as a _ polyp and _ which ser
Laboratory Schedule: Fall Semester 2013
Laboratory Course Coordinator: Adam Engelhardt (e-mail: [email protected])
Lead TA: Allison Raney (e-mail: [email protected])
Material to be covered
Introduction to Multicel
Experimental evolution of multicellularity
William C. Ratcliffa,1, R. Ford Denisona, Mark Borrelloa, and Michael Travisanoa,b
Department of Ecology, Evolution and Behavior and bBioTechnology Institute, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55108
Dissection Presentation Rubric
Animal of Choice Presentation Guidelines & Rubric
General: Groups of 2 3 students (or an individual) will give an 8-10 minute
presentation to the class on any animal of their choice. The animal can be one studied in
this course or an a
Life Cycles to Know for Exam
PLASMODIUM LIFE CYCLE
1. Sporozoites are
mosquito to human.
3. Once the cell
are released into the
4. Merezoites infect