1. Based on your knowledge of the global business environment and the positioning of
South Face with regard to its markets and supply sources, what do you think are some of
the major global issues that will be relevant to the area of strategic sourcing?
BS360 Unit 7 Quiz
1. Explain the impacts of order cycle time length and variability on both buyers and sellers.
Many organizations analyze customer service standards in terms of the stages of the order cycle.
Customer service contains a spectrum that includes a philosophy,
1. What are the differences and similarities between outbound and inbound logistics
systems? Which types of industries would place heavier emphasis on outbound systems?
On inbound systems? Explain your choices.
Outbound logistics has to do with the storag
1. How should Telco approach segmenting its customers? That is, on what basis (cost to
service, profitability, etc.) should the customers be segmented?
Since it has been reported that 33% of the customers make up 71% of the profits, and 27% make
up $100 m
Crystal Ruff -
1.In what ways can the design of a firms logistics/supply chain network affect its ability to
create value for customers through efficiency, effectiveness, and differentiation?
When choosing a design, a firm must think of
2. What role should employees, in general, play in the development of performance
metrics? Why is this role important?
Employees represent the areas that will have the most impact of the metrics. Getting everyone to
agree on the metrics and the implementa
2. The consolidation that has developed at the retail end of many supply chains has been
described as the Walmart effect. Why? What changes have occurred in supply chain
management because of retail consolidation and the related power shift?
2. It has been alleged that the world has become flat. What does this description mean from a
global economic perspective? What factors have contributed to this phenomenon? What changes
have come about in the global economy because of our flat world?