Virtual Lab: Enzyme Controlled Reactions
1. Which of the following does NOT apply to an enzyme:
d. All of the above apply to an enzyme
2. When an enzyme catalyzes a reaction:
a. Substrate(s) bind in the active
1. What is the difference between transcription and translation? Where in the cell do they occur?
Transcription is the synthesis of mRNA from DNA using the enzyme RNA polymerase.
-occurs inside the nucleus in eukaryotes and
Virtual Lab: Dependent and Independent Variables
1. ECB refers to:
a. A genetically engineered plant that is resistant to insect pests
b. Edible corn byproducts
c. An insect pest that reduces corn yield
d. European corn borer
e. c and d
2. How m
Peppered Moth Simulation
Objective: Simulate changes in moth population due to pollution and predation, and observe how
species can change over time.
Charles Darwin accumulated a tremendous collection of facts to support the theory of evolut
Journal lab 1
Describe the effects of the ECB infestations you used. Were all corn varieties equally effective at
controlling the ECB? How do you know?
they were not all equally effective at controlling ECB. BT 123 was better at a low level but was worse
' m ch is HW x‘ - Homepage 7 Minnesota West at XE Mall 7 Amanda Kamtk r Outlo x
(- C' 0' Deztolmheducationcorn/hrn‘tpx?_:0.8141609236353105_14598869235?9 |E| E
K K-LOVE Contemporary ( P Pandora Internet Radio m McGraw-Hill Connect l s a Minnesota West Com
Virtual Lab: Earthworm Dissection
Post-Lab Quiz and Lab Report
1. Please make sure you have read through all of the information in the
Question and Earthworm Guide areas. If you come upon terms that are
unfamiliar to you, please refer to your textbook for
An Overview of Land Plant Evolution
1. Describe four shared derived homologies that link charophyceans and land plants.
The complexes that produce cellulose are rose shaped in both charophyceans and land plants. Next both have
Exploring Life on Its Many Levels
1. Briefly describe the unifying themes that characterize the biological sciences.
the cell an organisms basic unit of structure and function.
heritable information inheritance of biological information in the f
How We Study Cells
How We Study Cells
1. Distinguish between magnification and resolving power.
Magnification is the ratio of an objects image to its real size.
Resolving power is a measure of image clarity.
2. Describe the principles, advantage
1. Name five terrestrial adaptations that contributed to the success of seed plants.
Five terrestrial adaptation that contributed to the success of seed plants are the
Seed- can be transported far distances, protects the fertile offspring, and
There are _ naturally occurring elements.
The Correct Answer: 92
Which of the following is a trace element?
The Correct Answer: copper
Which one of the following is not one of the four most abundant elements
found in living systems?
The Correct A