1. What is the definition of Geography as a Spatial Science?
a. It studies the nature or character of physical space, its measurement,
and the distribution of things within it. Geographers are concerned
with answering questions about how and wh
Study Guide 2 Geography
1. If you were to crush up continental crust and measure the two most abundant
elements, you would discover _ and _ together make up of
a. O- Oxygen (47%)
b. Si- Silicon (28%)
2. After the two most abundant eleme
April 27, 2015
County Assignment #11: Minnehaha County, South Dakota
Minnehaha County is located in the Southeast of South Dakota State which really
closes to the border of Minnesota, about 242 miles away from the Twin Cities. Also,
Somerset Flood 2015:
Had their wettest winter in 250 years
People lost everything
Insurance would not pay for anything
There was over a meter of water in some peoples homes
It is one of the lowest levels of the country and relies on man made drains t
Urban geography I: Locating
urban theory in the urban age
Progress in Human Geography
The Author(s) 2014
Reprints and permission:
Kate Driscoll Derick
MWF 10-10:50am and 11-11:50am
Sections 01 & 02 (10am = sec 01; 11am = sec 02)
Instructor: Ginger L. Schmid
Department of Geography
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Elements of Geography
Minnesota State University
1. The oceans hold the most water. What are the next four biggest "reservoirs" of Earth's
water, in order from most to least?
2. What type of water rises up against gravity? How can this cause salinization of soils?
How does water get into the
1. If you were to crush up continental crust and measure the two most abundant elements,
you would discover that _ and _ together make up 3/4ths of continental crust.
a. Oxygen; Silicon
2. After the two most abundant elements, which elements in the make u
Study Guide #1
1. What is the definition of Geography as a "Spatial Science?"
a. Refers to the study of the nature or character of physical space, its measurement,
and the distribution of things within it.
2. What is an integrative science?
a. It draws on
Exam II Notes
Volcano An opening in the surface of the Earth from with magma and associated gases and ash
erupts. Form or structure, sometimes conical, produced by ejected material
Magma molten subsurface rock
Flood basalts emerge from cracks, covering th
1. Mass Wasting
The downslope movement of slope material
Gravity is the key to mass wasting
Landslides are mass wasting
Describes the angular pieces of rock that are moved by mass wasting (Contrasting with
alluvium or water moved rock