Running head: MODULE 04 WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT
Module 04 Written Assignment - Do the Basel Accords Work?
Authors Note: This assignment is being submitted on November 2. 2014; for Ashley K.
Cobbs Section 01 Risk Management class.
This quiz is due in module 10 but it is being shown in module 9 to give
you time to find the answers
Conceptual Quiz Each question is worth 3 points
1. Describe the difference between descriptive statistics and
inferential statistics. Points: 3 Descriptiv
Module 9 Homework Assignment
The paired data below consists of test scores and hours of preparation for 5 randomly selected
x Hours of preparation 5 2 9 6 10
y Test score
64 48 72 73 80
1. Use the given data to find the correlation coefficient r
Module 2 Homework Assignment
1. 459 randomly selected light bulbs were tested in a laboratory, 291 lasted more than 500 hours. Find a
point estimate of the true proportion of all light bulbs that last more than 500 hours.
Module 4 Homework Assignment
1. A researcher claims that 62% of voters favor gun control. Identify the null hypothesis H0 and the
alternative hypothesis H1 in words.
The null hypothesis, which states that voters in
varied in gun control are prop
Module 10 Homework Assignment
An investigator analyzed the leading digits of the amounts from 200 checks issued by three suspect
companies. The frequencies were found to be 68, 40, 18, 19, 8, 20, 6, 9, 12 and those digits correspond
to the leading digits
Module 6 Homework Assignment
1. Determine whether the samples are independent or dependent.
The effectiveness of a new headache medicine is tested by measuring the amount of time before the
headache is cured for patients who use the medicine a
Module 5 Homework Assignment
1. Find the critical value or values of 2 based on the given information. H1: > 26.1, n = 9, = 0.01
T table 3.355
2. Test the claim that for the adult population of one town, the mean annual sala