Running head: REFLECTIVE ESSAY
The United States of America presidency has attracted several candidates in the ongoing
campaign. Some of the three nominees in different political parties are;
101) Who are the major players in a company's microenvironment?
Explain the role each major actor plays.
Answer: Within the company, marketing management takes other groups into account, such as
top management, finance, research and development, purchasin
126) Explain why so many new products fail and how a company can improve its odds of
new product success.
Answer: Although an idea may be good, the market size may have been overestimated. Other
possible reasons for failure include the following: the actu
101) Marketing management must make four important decisions when developing an
advertising program. Name and describe these four decisions.
Answer: a. Set advertising objectives, which can be classified by primary purpose: whether
the aim is to inform, p
126) Companies bringing out a new product can choose between two broad strategies:
market-skimming pricing and market-penetration pricing. Distinguish between the two.
Answer: Market skimming is used to skim revenues layer by layer from the market by ente
126) Products and services fall into two broad classes based on the types of consumers that
use them. Name these two broad classes and describe how they are different from each
Answer: The two broad classes are consumer products and industrial prod
Learning Unit 2
STRUCTURAL TRANSFORMATION OF THE
GDP growth rates, unemployment and inflation at a
Structure of Malaysian GDP (1965-2009)
iii. Pre and post independence structure of Malaysias
Figure 1.1 GDP and GDP per
MALAYSIAN ECONOMICS AND
1. Pre New Economic Policy (Malaya Plans
1&2, and Malaysia Plan 1);
2. New Economic Policy (1970-1990);
3. National Development Policy (1991-2000);
4. National Vision Policy (2001-2010)
5. New Economic Mod
Education and Human
Reference: Cheong Kee Cheok, Viswanathan Selvaratnam
Goh Kim Leng (2011). Education and Human Capital Formation. In
Rajah Rasiah (ed), Malaysian Economy: Unfolding Growth and
Social Change (pp 159-189). Shah Alam
LU 11 MACROECONOMIC
1. Habibah Lehar, Yaacob Anas and Tey Hwei Choo
(2014). Malaysian Economy. Shah Alam: Oxford
University Press (Chapter 6)
2. Wee Choo Kok, Mohamed Nasir Khatib, Yong Chen
Chen, Goh Han Hwa, Chin Mui Yin, Tan Fu Mei,
Explain the role of the industrial sector in the
Discuss the industrialization development policies
and the various Industrial Master Plans (IMPs).
Explain the role of small and medium industries
Learning Unit 8
1. Nolan, Park and Estrada (2013). Developing The
Services Sector (Park and Nolan, eds).
2. Alejandro, Powell, Brady, Wohl (2010). An
overview and examination of the Malaysian
Service Sector. Office
Learning Unit 7
Knowledge-Based Economy (KEconomy)
1. Habibah Lehar , Yaacob Anas and Tey Hwei
Choo (2014). Malaysian Economy.Shah
Alam:Oxford University Press.
2. Poon Wai Ching. (2006). The Development of
Malaysian Economy. Petaling Jaya: Pe
LU 1: Introduction to Economic
I. concepts of economic development and economic
concept of Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
III. importance of economic growth to economic
IV. concepts of inflation and unemployment
Learning Unit 3
the concepts of absolute, relative
and hardcore poverty.
Explain the causes of rural, urban and hardcore
Understand measures taken to eradicate
Identify causes of inequa
State the objectives and the importance of
agricultural sector to the economy.
Explain the development of the agricultural sector.
Explain the various agricultural policies
implemented by the government.
Running head: MARKETING AT LOHBS
Marketing at LOHBs
MARKETING AT LOHBS
Love, Health &and Beauty Store (LOHBs) a company that deals with health, fitness, and beauty
products has been in the market for a very short peri
Running Head: NURSING
The purpose of the project
The purpose of this program is to advance primary healthcare to pregnant mothers in
the rural areas, most of whom are challenged by the inaccessibility of efficient health
126) Explain why "value delivery network" is a more relevant expression to use than the
terms supply chain and demand chain.
Answer: Supply chain takes a make-and-sell view of the business, using materials and other
inputs as the starting point for market