Image 1: There are several items in this image, but theres one thats the most prominent. What,
specifically, is the image showing? What elements of visual image interpretation lead you to draw this
conclusion? This is Liberty Island with the Statue of Lib
1. How deep is the center of low pressure (in millibars) on the east coast? 1008mb
2. List some states that the warm front runs through. Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio
3. List some states that the cold front runs through. Texas, Arkansas, Missouri
1. What was your cultural note? Did you know that already or was it new to you? I chose Spanish. I am
very slightly familiar with Spanish.
2. Which, if any, words were similar to English? I really couldnt pick anything out that was similar to
One of the easiest fish to farm is tilapia. Tilapia are well adapted to high density stocked tanks. They have
an omnivorous diet. Their mode of reproduction is better suited too as the fry do not go through a
planktonic phase, which obviously cuts
Clean Energy for
In 2007, Minnesota began the Renewable
Standard (RES), which requires
utilities to begin working towards generating
25% of their electricity from renewable energy
sources by 2025.
Since this beg
1. The human population is very unevenly distributed. About 75% of the human population on Earth
lives in the Northern Hemisphere between 20* and 60* latitude, and even great expanses of that is
sparsely populated. Nearly 90% of the total population is si
Way better than bug farming
Well adapted to being in high density
They have an omnivorous diet.
Their fry do not go through a planktonic
Tank temp? and where do we put
1. What have you learned about Dinka culture? What markers are representative of Dinka culture? *You
may need to look up what a marker is. The women are the cooks and the men take care of the cattle.
Markers would be: they are very family/group oriented;
1 . Discuss the concept of Push and Pull Factors and list examples of these among the migration patterns
reflected by the Immigration: Global Hot Spots map The U.S. and Russia are the top 2 immigration
countries. The UK, France, and Germany ar
1. How was the river valley formed? The Minnesota River Valley was formed by the River Warren an
outlet river from Lake Agassiz.
2. What is a watershed? The land area that drains into a specific body of water. Usually starting from the
1. Complete the tutorial.
2. What is the American Human Development Index? (Hint: Click the tab at the top)
A measuring of wellbeing and opportunity, combining three fundamental areas health, knowledge and
standard of living - into a category o
1. 1,122.20 kilometers
2. 1,117.10 kilometers
3. 5.1 kilometers
4. Because the earth bulges at the equator thanks to the effect of centrifugal force.
5. 1,114.49 kilometers
6. 433.21 kilometers
7. Because meridians are not parallel to each other and will