Chapter7 In-Class Discussion
Wednesday Nov. 19th
Indicate whether the statement is true or false. If false, change the identified word or phrase to make the statement true.
1. Every Web page has a unique address called a(n) Uniform R
1. A wired network uses cables to connect network devices, they are secure, fast, and
simple to configure.
2. Wireless networks can transport data from one device to another without cables or
wires; however, they are slower than wired networks a
System Software is designed for computer-centric tasks
Application Software is designed to help people accomplish real world tasks
Cell is intersection of a column and row
Formula tells the computer how to use the contents of cells in calc
1. DHCP is a temporarily assigned dynamic IP address, the DHCP server assigns an IP after
receiving a request from a computer.
2. A DSL modem connects your computer to a telephone wall jack.
3. DSL is a high speed always on internet access that