Chapter 3 Outline: The Chemical Building Blocks of Life
3.1 The framework of Biological Molecules
*What are functional groups?
* What is the difference between Isomers and Chiral molecules?
*What is the difference between a polymer
Chapter 8 Outline Photosynthesis
8.1 Overview of Photosynthesis
*In plants, where does photosynthesis take place?
in the leaves
*List 3 stages of Photosynthesis:
1. capture energy from sunlight
2.using energy to make ATP and to red
4.1 Cell Theory
*List the 3 principles of the cell theory:
1. All organisms are composed of one or more cells, and the life processes of metabolism and heredity
occur within these cells.
2. Cells are the smallest living things, the
Chapter 1 Outline
The Science of Life
What is biology? biology is the study of living things - the science of life.
List the 7 characteristics of a living organisms
Growth, development and
Chapter 5. Membrane
5.1 The Structure of Membranes
* What is the Fluid Mosaic Model?
mosaic of proteins floats in or on the fluid lipid bilayer like boats on a pond
* Describe a phospholipid
a polar head with two dangling nonpolar tails
*What are the