Exercise 1 Chp 1-3
1. There are five different kinds of drivers that are leading to international firms to globalize
their operations: (1) political, (2) technological, (3) market, (4) cost, and (5)
1. Which of the following is not a concern for managers in international businesses?
a. Perceived distance between home country and operating nations
2. Which of the following has seen a positive change from 1960 to 2012?
a. The share of world output acco
1. Which of the following factors in a country is most likely to cause political risk for an
a. More than 1 ethnic group
2. Which of the following movements started in Great Britain in the early 1980s when then Prime
1. A person who believes in public ownership of the means of production for the common good of
society is a(n):
2. Which of the following systems is a part of the political economy?
a. NOT: theocratic or value or demographic
3. Which of th
1. Class membership in the United States is determined to a much greater degree by individual
background and schooling, as opposed to economic achievements.
2. It is easier for companies based in countries with a high degree of class
Chapter 5 quiz 2
1. Davis is the manager of a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in a developing country. The
manufacturing unit does not meet the acceptable standards of the manufacturing facility in the
home nation. He knows that demanding a better m
1. The emphasis on individualism has led to the widespread diffusion of self-managing work teams
within Japanese organizations.
2. According to Max Weber, Protestant ethics discouraged the development of capitalism.
1. Enterprises headquartered in a country which scores high on masculinity and power distance
measures are more likely to behave ethically than enterprises headquartered in a culture where
individualism and uncertainty avoidance are strong.
CBA 396 May 2015 Online
Syllabus Quiz Due by 9:00PM
Syllabus Overview Extra Credit
The Rapid Change of International Business
International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment
1. The government of Ugania had been extending huge amounts of loans to the business
enterprises in the country. However, the borrowers failed to generate the profits necessary to
repay their debts. As a result, national banks in Ugania had a lot of nonpe
1. In a Confucian culture, loyalty of the subordinates to their superiors should be:
a. Reciprocated by the superiors by bestowing blessings on them
2. China Innovation Inc. is a devout follower of Confucian ethics. Hence, it hires people who
Exercise 2 Chp 3-4
The European Union (EU) is a supranational entity with 27 European nations. The main
purpose is to integrate the economies of its nations (members), creating a trading region
where goods, service
Exercise on Chapter 5-8
1. The Rhine River is one of the most important rivers to the European continent because it
is the Rhine waterway and gives access to several countries. The Rhine waterway is a
EXERCISE 4 on Chapters 10, 11, and 12
This exercise covers chapters 10, 11, and 12 and the content of Assessing Markets,
Entry Modes, and Exports and Imports. The Table of Contents and the actual chapters
have different numbers. So go by the chapter names
Exercise 1 Chp 1-3
1. Discuss the forces that are leading international firms to the globalization of their
sourcing, production, and marketing.
ANSWER GOES HERE
2. Why, in your opinion, do you thin
Practice exam for Chapters 1 - 4
1. Referring to Hall's high-and low-context framework, in a high-context culture,
B. the context carries much of the communication.
2. Monochronic time is best illustrated by:
A. university scheduling patterns.
Ch. 2 test bank pt 1
1. In practical terms, which of the following translates into an advocacy for democratic ideals and
free market economics, which in general creates the most favorable environment for
international businesses to operate in?
Ch. 1 Test Bank pt 3
1. What are mini-multinationals
a. Small or medium-sized companies that have activities in two or more countries
2. Which of the following has been declining in the developing nations of the world, such as China,
India, Russia, Indone
1. Many of the former Communist nations of Europe and Asia seem to share a commitment to
democratic policies and free market economies
2. The lowering of trade and investment barriers allows firms to base production at the optimal
location for tha
Chapter 05 Natural Resources and Environmental Sustainability
True / False Questions
Switzerland exports cheese and chocolate because one of its factor
endowments is lots of rich agricultural land.
Cheese and chocolates can be manufact