The Centers of Modernism
1. Stylistic innovations - disruption of traditional syntax and form.
2. Artist's self-consciousness about questions of form and structure.
3. Obsession with primitive material and attitudes.
4. International perspective on cultur
Brief Overview of the Period Surrounding Regionalism, Naturalism, and Realism
January 1, 1863 - Emancipation Proclamation is issued, freeing slaves in the Confederate states.
July 1-3, 1863 - Battle of Gettysburg is fought.
November 19, 1863 - President L
Modernism began around the early 20th century after the First World War.
Modernism can be defined as the radical change with traditional literary form such
as subjects, forms, concepts, and styles. Modern poetry can be identified by four
major aspects: mo
September 9, 2015
Literature is a interesting topic. Through the centuries there have been several
writers that have contributed to the betterment of literature. One of the most influential
people of literature is Ma
Old Southwest Humor
Religion-jokes about it.
Dialect- uses language of the educating
Makes fun of southern people and portrays them as uneducated.
Always has someone being conned or fooled
1. Always has a con man and a fool
Institutions of government
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
1. After reading this poem I figured out that the rhyme scheme is AABA BBCB
CCDC DDDD. The rhyme scheme gives the poem more a short novel feel to it.
2. The speaker is your typical male. A man who decides to go riding