Practice RD/DTR Exam Guide
There are several different parts to your notebook, and I want to orient you to each one. I am assuming
the DTR exam is similar to the RD. Please excuse incorrect tab numbers, as my copy of the RD exam has
had pieces removed and
MNT for diabetes
1. Which of the following foods should not be in a meal plan for a person with diabetes (Type 1 or
2)? (5 points)
a. Chocolate cake
b. Fried chicken
c. White bread
d. All of the above a person with diabetes should not eat any of these foo
CKD case study questions
1. Calculate Ms. Joaquins %SBW. Note: Even though she is 24, you can use the
SBW tables for 25-54 y/o. Will you need to use an adjusted edema-free body
weight? If yes, calculate the ABWEF.
aBWef = BWef + [(SBW BWef) x 0.25]
MNT Final Study Guide:
1) Which of the following can be used to make acetyl CoA?
A: GlucoseAmino AcidsGlycerolFatty AcidsKetone Bodies
2) Which of the following can be used to make body Fat?
A: CHOPROSaturated FatUnsaturated Fat
3) The human body
Exchange List Assignment Rubric
Format = 5 points
Are the calculations for each food group clearly shown
in the chart? Is everything typed? Are gridlines shown?
Is each calorie level on a single page by itself?
Yes = 5 points
Discussion questions for Diabetes
Directions: complete and bring to class for entry on March 21. You will need to refer
to your book and to the Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes 2016 (available
from Google scholar or in Diabetes Care, supplement 1, Ja
Type 2 Diabetes transition to insulin
1. Mr. Fagan tested negative for ICA, GADA, IAA and negative tTg. What does this mean?
a. These negative results, along with C+ and insulin levels indicate a diagnosis of
uncontrolled T2DM with HHS that now requires i