1) The Text described in Chapter 15 a case in 1874 involving a girl named Mary Ellen. What
resource was available to help Mary Ellen? What agency was developed as a result of this
- In the 1874 there were not very many services available
What is the Community Mental Health Center Act? Describe
The Community Mental Health Act was an act to provide federal funding for community mental
health centers in the United States.
Describe the strengths and pitfalls of deinstitutionaliz
1- Please describe Medicare Part A, B, C, D. Describe each part and any gaps in care that exists?
- Medicare Part A- Hospital Insurance
- Medicare Part B- Supplemental Medical Insurance
- Medicare Part C- Medicare Advantage Program
Social Work 380: Policy
Chapters 9 and 10 Reading Review
Name: Cassandra Myers
1. Define and describe the EITC.
- EITC- Earned Income Tax Credit
- The Earned Income Tax Credit was inacted in 1975. The Earned
Income Tax Credit is a refundable tax
Chapter Reading Review: Policy I
WSU Social Work
1. (Ch. 3)Describe the value of work in Colonial America and the impact on
social welfare at that time.
- (Page 36-37) Those settlers that came over to America was that of
European Protestant roots. Europea
Karger and Stoesz Chapter 1
1. What political ideology might include the belief that social welfare is a
legitimate function of the government? Explain.
- Page 12
2. Explain how social welfare, especially programs aim
Running head: CAPITALISM
Winona State University
This is capitalisma system of giving and takingmostly taking Michael Moore
America is a capitalism market and if the average American is like me
Film Review: Capitalism: A Love Story.
Each student will write a 2-3 page reflection paper giving an overview of the film and examples of
specific policies. This serves as an exercise in discussing controversial policies.
a. America h