Midterm Practice Exam
1. Which of the following is/are properties of life?
A) cellular organization
C) the ability to take in energy and molecules and use them
D) the ability to reproduce
E) All of the choices above are correct.
Chapter 1: The Study of Life
1. Characteristics of life
2. Classification of organisms:
A. 3 domains and 4 Kingdoms of Eukarya: members and main characteristics.
B. levels of classification
C. Human classification (table 1.1).
3. Binomial (Scientific) nam
PS 202: Building a Culture of Safety
Study Guide for Test 1
(list and describe each of 7 levels)
Unicellular vs. Multicellular
Steps of the Scientific Method
Areas of biology
(list and describe each of 6 areas)
Unit #6 Exam - Concepts of Evolution
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or
answers the question.
1) In a particular environment, there are no fitness differences among individuals with dark
hair and individuals w
Unifying Concepts of Animal Structure and Function
Introduction Climbing the Walls
A. Each animal species is an accumulation of different structural and
functional adaptations to life in its particular environment.
B. This is pa
Chapter 5 Self-Quiz
False. In eukaryotes transcription occurs in the nucleus and translation occurs in the cytoplasm.
False. When a bacterias environment is high in lactose,
MP3 Tutor Topic #7: Meiosis
Estimate Time: 11:02
Vocabulary: chromosome, gamete, homologous chromosomes, meiosis
Hey there. This is Eric Simon and welcome to another MP3 tutor session. Todays topic is
meiosis. I know that meiosis can be a
Review for DNA Replication, Transcription/Translation
1. Draw a nucleotide and label the three parts.
2. What two parts are the same in every nucleotide? _
3. What differs from nucleotide to nucleotide?
4. What nucleotides are found i
MP3 Tutor Topic #8: Mitosis vs Meiosis Comparison
Vocabulary: gamete, homologous chromosomes, meiosis, mitosis
Hey there. This is Eric Simon and welcome to another MP3 tutor session. Our goal for
today is to compare and summar
About 1/2 new (after midterm material)
About 1/2 old (Chapters 1-6)
90 multiple choice
2 five point short answer/essay (pick from 3)
2 hours to complete
Chapter 8 final review
Know reproduction types
Mitosis and Meiosis: compare and contras
Biology 102 The Digestive System
Prof. Atsma 2005
The following is a narrative summary of the topic. Click
here for the "Classr
Trace element An element indespensible for life, but required
in extremely minute amounts.
6 Abundant elements 1. Oxygen, 2. Carbon, 3. Hydrogen, 4
Nitrogen, 5. Calcium, 6. Phosphorus
Species A group whose members contain similar anatomical
JCTC Miller Bio 112
Established principles of inheritance with pea plants.
An individual`s observable traits.
Having identical alleles of a gene.
Having 2 different alleles of a gene
Unit 7 Study Guide
1. Why do cells divide?
2. Every cell must have DNA, so DNA must be _ before cell division.
3. List and DESCRIBE the 6 types of asexual cell division.
4. Draw and label a doubled chromosome.
5. Draw and label a pair of homologo
Practice Final Exam
1. The process by which a eukaryotic cell divides to produce two diploid daughter cells
C) Binary fission
E) Spindle formation
2. Where do substrates bind to enzymes?
A) in the ef
Chapter 5: Cell Division
1. Understand different phases of eukaryotic cell cycle:
2. Check points of cell cycle
3. Main characteristics of each phases of Mitosis and Meiosis
4. Basic functions, outcomes of Mitosis and Meiosis
5. Differences between: