Assignment 3 - Chapter 3 Sensation and Perception
Practice Quiz pg 93
1. _ involves the detection of physical stimuli from our environment and is made possible
by the activation of specific receptor cells.
2. The lowest level of stimulation t
Chapter 1 Lecture Notes
The scientific study of human behavior. The word scientific must be
included in the definition. It tells you that the discipline you are studying
is in fact a science. The methods by which we study human behavior
English Composition 1
Benefits of Diet and Exercise
In order to have a healthy lifestyle, it is very important to know how to establish and
maintain a healthy weight. Dieting is beneficial in so many various ways
Designer Babies: Yes or No?
A designer baby is a term often used by the media to explain the
recent genetic advances to be able to design your own baby. Designer
babies are made by using new technology to screen specific characteristics
English Composition 1
Rainforests: Why Their Destruction Should be Prohibited
Tropical deforestation is one of the most serious environmental problems in recent
times. It has become a global concern due to tropic
One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. (Neil Armstrong) If there was any
event in history I could go back and be a part of it would be Apollo 11. Space travel and the idea
that there could be life on another planet
Unity in Diversity
Our great country thrives on diversity and prides itself as being one of the most culturally
rich nations of the world. Cultural diversity is important because our country, workplaces, and
schools increasingly consist of va
Assignment 9 - Motivation, Stress, and Emotion
Practice Quiz pg 338
1. If a person carries out a behavior to receive an outcome that is separate from the person, this is
B. extrinsic motivation
2. William McDougalls original research on instinct
Assignment 11 - Theories of Personality
Practice Quiz pg 409
1. If you are asked to descried your best friends by explaining how they act, typically feel, and what
they think about, you would be describing their
2. Laila does not approve o
Assignment 1 - Chapter 1 The Science of Psychology
What do you think psychology is?
I think Psychology is the study of people with mental illness and the
affects it has on their behavior. I also think its how you view the
world through your own eyes.
Assignment 2 - Chapter 2 The Biological Perspective
Practice Quiz pg 52
1. Which part of the neuron carries messages to other cells?
2. Which one of the following is NOT a function of glial cells?
b) generating action potentials
3. When a neurons
Psychology Study Guide-Midterm
1. In the definition of psychology, the term behavior means
C. overt actions and reactions.
2. A psychologist is interested in finding out why married couples seemingly begin to look
like each other after several
Assignment 10 - Social Psychology
Practice Quiz pg 373
1. In Aschs study, conformity decreased when
B. at least one confederate agreed with the participant.
2. Which of the following would not be effective in minimizing groupthink?
A. Caroline wants her
Assignment 8 - Development Across the Life Span
Practice Quiz pg 287
1. In a _ design, one group of people is followed and assessed at different times as the
2. The cognitive and social changes students go through because they
Assignment 4 - Chapter 4 Consciousness
Also, the word "drugs" seems to be working its way into conversations, headlines, and news reports
within our society more and more often. What do you think about this statement or viewpoint? Do you
agree or disagree
Assignment 6 - Chapter 6 Memory
First, find and complete the practice quiz sections in Chapter 6 on pages 212, 222, 231, 235, and 238.
There are 24 multiple-choice questions altogether; be sure to always fully type out each question and
ONLY the correct a
Assignment 7 - Cognition: Thinking, Intelligence, and Language
Practice Quiz pg 255
1. What is thinking?
A. mental activity that involves processing, organizing, understanding, and
2. People in the United States often think of
Assignment 5 - Chapter 5 Learning
Practice Quiz pg 167
1. Learning can best be described as
A. a relatively permanent change in behavior.
2. Which of the following statements regarding learning is not true?
B. learning once established in the brain, is
Localization of Function Exercise