No article or reading log
T day rotations
for homework to
grade from last week.
Must have parent
1. Feces are about _ percent water.
2. _ ions help to regulate the pH of saliva.
3. The _ reflex regulates the rate at which chyme leaves the stomach.
4. The root canal of a tooth contains
blood vessels and nerves.
5. The hepa
2 out of 2 points
Kidney disease can cause hypertension by
all of the above
activating the renin-angiotensin mechanism.
stimulating the secretion of aldosterone
increasing retention of sodium and water.
narrowing the l
1. A sensation is _, and projection of a sensation is the _.
a feeling that results from sensory stimulation; brain causing it to seem to come from the receptors
2. A deep wound to the upper thigh might damage the _ artery.
Chapter 13 - Endocrine System
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A hormone is a _ and the target cell is _.
C. molecule that has a metabolic effect on another cell; a cell that has receptors for specific
2. Secretions that a
1. Which of the following is part of the adaptive immune response?
Production of antibodies
2. Innate defenses include mechanical and chemical barriers, whereas adaptive defenses counter
specific disease-causing agents.
3. A vaccine against HIV