How would you describe the character of Oedipus? How does Oedipus
see himself (as seen, for example, in the play's opening speech and his
later dialogues with Creon and Tiresias). How is this similar/different
from how others perceive him? Use quotes from
WHAT MATERIALS CAN BLOCK
A WI-FI SIGNAL?
IF I BLOCK MY WI-FI WITH
CARD BOARD MY CELL PHONE
WILL NOT RECEIVE A SIGNAL.
BECAUSE THE CARD BOARD IS
I LEARNED THAT I HAD HALF OF MY
HYPOTHESIS CORRECT. AFTER DURING
Dissection Guide for the Clam (Mussel) 07.0s.15
Date March 29, 2017
foot anda mantle.In mostmollusks,the mantlesecretes
shell.In this investigat
Underactive thyroid gland
Body is not receiving the proper amount of thyroid
Disrupted heart rate, body temperature, and all
aspects of metabolism.
Causes the metabolism to slow down
1. The biosphere is where organisms are found on planet earth from the atmosphere above to the
depths of the oceans below and everything in between.
2. Briefly describe 3 types of biomes described in chapter 23. The tropical rain forest, occur at the
Chapter 17: The Special Senses
1. Where are olfactory receptors found?
2. Where does transduction occur in our sense of smell?
3. How long does it take to adapt to a smell?
4. Describe how smells are conducted along the olfactory tract.
5. What are gustat
BLOOD TYPES AND TRANSFUSIONS
1. If the blood is stored without doing anything to it, then it is "whole blood". This unit of blood would
consist of the blood cells (WBCs, RBCs & platelets) and the liquid part called the plasma.
2. Sometimes the unit of blo
Endocrine System Study Focus Questions
1. What are the functions of hormones?
2. Differentiate between up-regulation and down-regulation.
3. Describe each way a hormone acts on neighboring cells.
4. Describe steroids.
5. What are eicosanoids? Give an exam
The force of the blood pushing against the side of its container (vessel wall).
The strength of the push changes with the event in the cardiac cycle.
The maximum pressure felt on the artery during left ventricular contract
The Special Senses
Smell, taste, vision, hearing and equilibrium
Housed in complex sensory organs
Ophthalmology is science of the eye
Otolaryngology is science of the ear
Tortora & Grabowski 9/e 2000 JWS
Factors That Affect Hemoglobin Affinity For Oxygen
Affinity means how tight the hemoglobin holds on to the oxygen. You can think of affinity as liking
something. For example, I have a great affinity for sunny skies and calm waters when I'm out in my
Chapter 19 Focus Questions
1. What are the functions of blood?
2. Describe the physical and chemical characteristics of blood.
3. Define or describe the following: hematocrit, globulins, fibrinogen, hemopoiesis,
megakaryoblast, proerthroblasts, ferritin,
Name _ Date _ Block # _
College Biology - BIO 1134
Chapter 1 Invitation to Biology
The Secret Life of Earth
A. Are there any places left on Earth that have not been explored?
1. Yes: a 2005 trip to _ _ discovered many new plant
and animal species.
Lab Report: Microorganisms in the Environment
Aysea Fahnestock and Ashleen Balius
IntroductionIn the world, there is a large diversity of microbes everywhere. These microbes can be
found in a large variety of pl
The Correlation of Microorganismal Growth and Temperature
By completing the lab students should have more relevant view on the effect of
temperature on the metabolic proce
The molecules of life made of for for / \
/ I made e'g' made
isonl'lers n13? e broken sequence
include 'mportnt I apart \ determines
mayr be vla /
sawmte unsaturated composed 6:]
Shhhhh all will become clear.
these answer in your
notebook and see how many you get
Which of the following is a positively
The number of electrons in an atom ca
Invitation to Biology
BIOLOGY: Today and Tomorrow, 4e
1.1 The Secret Life of Earth
The scientific study of life
We have found only a fraction of the organisms on Earth
Microbiology Review Sheet
WHAT IS GENETICS
Genetics is the study of informational macromolecules such as DNA and RNA and the unit of heredity known as the
gene. Genes are sequences of nucleotides within DNA that code for functional proteins. The