1. Termination of an individuals employment for reasons that are illegal or improper is known as:
- Wrongful discharge
2. The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) was established by which law?
- Wagner Act
3. The steps in the progressive discipline appro
1. Who is responsible for career planning?
- Organizations and Individuals
2. What is the difference between training & development?
3. How do organizations identify & measure performance?
- Quantity of output
- Quality of output
- Timeliness of output
1. What is included in the functions of Human Resource Management?
- Strategic HR Management
- Total Rewards
- All of the above
2. What current & future challenges does HR face?
- HR Technology
3. What roles does HR have in an organization?
1. A greenfield venture in a foreign market is
one where the company creates a subsidiary business by setting up all aspects of the
operation upon entering the market from the ground up
2. Multidomestic competition refers to situations where
The marginal cost of each unit between 200 and 300 equals (3-1)
- 8 cents per unit
What is the adult unemployment rate in South Pointe? (4-3)
According to the table, at what quantity does Ohmans T-Shirt Factory maximize profits? )3-2)
1. According to the table, what is the equilibrium price in the wine market? (2-5)
2. Consider the market for mustard, which is a complement to hot dogs. Suppose the price of
hot dogs increases. Which of the following accurately describes how the mus
1. Consider the T-Table of the Bank of Marbles. If the Federal Reserve Bank requires the Bank of
Marbles to hold five-percent of the deposits as reserves, how much in excess reserves does the
Bank of Marbles now hold?
- C. $2,500
2. Assume the economy is
1. What is the difference between wages & salaries?
- Wage Non-exempt, pay rate per hour multiplied by the # of hours worked
- Salary Exempt, same pay each pay period, regardless of # of hours worked
2. What are the three (3) major provisions of the Fair
1. What are the steps in the selection process?
2. Why is a structured interview better than a less-structured interview?
Structured interviewInterview that uses a set of standardized questions asked of all
- Biographical (chronological order o
1. What laws do employers have to adhere to when dealing with applicants and employees?
Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII
Executive Orders 11246, 11375, & 11478
Civil Rights Act of 1991
Pregnancy Act of 1978
Equal Pay Act of 1963
Americans with Disabi
1. True or false. Vacation pay is a government-mandated benefit.
2. What are the provisions of FMLA?
- Up to 12 weeks leave during any 12-month period
- Birth, adoption, or foster care placement of a child
- Caring for a spouse, a child, or parent
1. What are the steps of the HR Planning Process?
What are the components to performance?
3. How do organizations use internet recruiting?
- E-Recruiting Means
o Internet job boards, professional/career websites, employer w
generates unusually high profits and returns on equity investment
is so profitable that it has no long-term debt
generates positive cash flows over and above its internal requirements, thus providing a
corporate parent w
Learn to love the sound of your feet walking away from things that are just not meant to be Sometimes it
can be music to your ears.
The key to happiness is letting each situation be what it is instead of thinking what it should be.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,
1. Ethical principles as they apply to business conduct and business decisions
deal chiefly with standards a company has (and that are elaborated in its code of ethics)
about what is right and wrong insofar as the conduct of its business is concerned an
involves abandoning efforts to beat out competitors in existing markets and, instead,
inventing a new industry or new market segment that renders existing competitors
largely irrelevant and allows a company to create and capture alt
1. A company's "macro-environment" refers to:
all the relevant forces and factors outside a company's boundariesgeneral economic
conditions, population demographics, societal values and lifestyles, technological
factors, governmental legislation and regu
1. True or False: Production runs can be scheduled in one or two shifts.
Up to twice the production line's First Shift Capacity can be scheduled for each individual product.
Production runs that exceed the First Shift Capacity result in e
1. A company achieves best cost-provider status by:
- incorporating attractive or upscale attributes into its product offering at a lower cost
2. A companys competitive strategy deals with:
- management's game plan for competing successfullyt
Quantitative Decision Making in
Business- MBA 680
(Process Flow and Lean Systems)
Introduction to Hall
This Hall emphasis process-flow analysis by building on the ideas of
systems, measurement, flowcharting, and process redesign. The
Quantitative Decision Making In
Business MBA 680
Introduction to Hall
Quality is one of the four objectives of operations, along with
cost, delivery, and flexibility. To meet the quality objective, it
is important to manage