For Beginners :)
So, youre trying to figure out these audiogram things and by golly they are just not
clicking with you! Well, dont sweat it. Just break them down into three parts and they are
not threatening at all. Divide and co
Fingertip Facts About Hearing.
Troubleshooting the In-The-Ear/In-The-Canal/CIC Hearing Aid
Aid (No sound at
sound (aid goes
on and off)
Battery is weak
TYPE B TYMPANOGRAMS MUST
LOOK AT ECV
1. For Audiograms look at air-bone gap. For the purposes of our class, if there is an
ABG, then it will be a Type B tympanogram. For Type B tympanograms, ALWAYS look
at the ear canal volume.
2. If there is an ABG, foll
Parts of the Basic Hearing Evaluation - Lecture guide - csd 356
Review Otoscopy and tympanometry
Otoscopy assesses _ and _
a. assess _ function
b. assess _ _ means
perf or PE tube; _ means something has occluded the ear canal
Auditory Training Assessment Worksheet
What is the best assessment tool to use for each of the client situations below.
1. You need a comprehensive assessment for a 17 year old who recently lost her hearing
due to late-onset hearing loss.
2. You need a co
Auditory Training begins with the accurate _ of auditory skills. The
assessment of auditory skills begins with the _ hearing evaluation
consisting of pure tone audiometric assessment, _
testing and word _ testing, and speech recognition
Assistive Devices write down the best device to meet the needs of the client.
1. A second grader who has a hearing loss needs something in the classroom that will also
work outside for PE. _
2. An SLP works at an assistive living facility and needs someth
1. A third grade school has several hearing impaired students in adjacent rooms. What do
you suggest they use?
2. What device would you recommend for an outside amphitheater?
3. A teacher is having to raise her voice everyday to teach her 1s