1. An animals _ is its pattern of growth, development and
2. Organisms face _ in life history characteristics related to
reproduction. They are imposed by contstraints of _ ,
_, and the _.
3. The costs of reproduction to individual fitness:
1. life history
2. trade offs, physiology, energetics, habitat
3. The acquisition of a mate, the defense of a breeding, feeding and protecting
10. Sexual selection
1. Ecological communities have a spatial boundary and a spatial context within
the larger _.
2. This patchwork of of different types of land cover is called a _.
3. This is defined by changes in the physical and biological structure of the
Animal Adaptations to the
1. Animals are _ and derive their energy and most
nutrients from consuming _ contained in
other plants and animals.
2. Key processes common to all animals.
3. Animals range in body size and morphological a
Chapter 5 Notes
The Organism and Its Environment
The Namid desert stretches for 1200 miles along the southwest coast of Africa and is home to
the highest sand dunes in the world
As the name desert implies, rainfall is rare.
To obtain water the t