1. International Steel Group (ISG)
As the day shift supervisor at the steel plant, you summon the six college students who are
working for you this summer doing whatever you need done (sweeping up, sandblasting the
inside of boilers that are down for main
1. _ occurs when workers deliberately slow down their pace or restrict their work
2. A systems view of management allows managers to _.
deal with the complex environment in which their companies operate
3. According to Henri Fayols four
1. Which of the following is an advantage of planning?
It encourages people to work harder for extended periods.
2. _ occurs when managers choose an alternative that is good enough, rather than the
best possible alternative.
3. _ occurs when y
1. _ is the rate at which a companys general and specific environments alter.
2. Gamma LLC. sells printers and scanners. Recently, some of its products were returned by
the customers who were unhappy with the product quality. Gamma is
1. In an attempt to spread awareness about climate change and global warming, Sparkle
Fruit Juice decided to conduct awareness programs in its community. This move is an
example of _.
2. Companies are not considered unethical if they
1. When ten customers who had visited Harry's Eatery in the last week all fell seriously ill,
the issue was noticed by the public. They demanded that the kitchens be thoroughly
inspected and that the patients be compensated. But the restaurant denied all
1. A court ruling regarding the unfair firing of employees is a development in the _
component of the general environment.
2. Delta Communications Inc. has recently adopted a new performance management system
that is significantly differen
1. The second step in a retrenchment strategy is _.
2. _ is the measure of the intensity of competitive behavior between companies in an
Character of the rivalry
3. An industry-level strategy that is best suited to changes in the organi
1. Team leaders typically:
facilitate team activities towards goals.
2. _ involves determining organizational goals and the means for achieving them.
3. According to Mintzberg, which of the following is one of the three major roles managers
1. Libra Travels regularly checks the prices at which other travel agencies sell their services
to evaluate its position. Libra Travels uses a _ to measure its competencies.
strategic reference point
2. _ is the degree to which two companies have overlapp
July 22, 2016
Intro to Philosophy
Essay Exam 2
Aquinas First Way
Thomas Aquinas, studying the works of the Greek philosopher Aristotle, concluded from
common observation that an object that is in motion is put in motion by some other object o
Operation - any activity that harvests value from the assets of a business Management - the organization and coordination of
activities of a business to achieve defined objectives Operations Management - the management of systems or processes
6 April 2017
Ryanair Holdings Case Study
Ryanair is one of Europes top airlines. Although popular for their low fares, Ryanair has
faced a lot of controversy regarding customer service. CEO, Michael OLeary, is also conc
13 April 2017
The Walt Disney Company Case Analysis
The Walt Disney Company is insanely famous. Since the 1920s, Disney has been a media
powerhouse. Although being more successful than its competitors has put them on to
2015 Deloitte Foundation/Federation of
Schools of Accountancy
Principles Under the New
Revenue Recognition Standard
Principles Under the New Revenue Recognition Standard
We look forward to d
CHAPTER 3 - PEARSONCHAPTER 6, 8, 10 - BARRINGER
Chapter 3 - E-Commerce
and the Entrepreneur
PEARSON CUSTOM TEXT
Creating a new way of doing business, one that is connecting
producers, sellers and customers via technology
Cost Per Acquisi
MGT 475 Exam 1
Pearson Custom Text
Recognizing Opportunities and Generating Ideas
A thought, an impression, or a notion
Favorable set of circumstances that creates a need for a new product, service, or
Chapter 6 Requirements
1. Name the two main factors that influence process selection
Refers to deciding on the way production of goods or services will be organized
It has major implications for
Layout of facilities
Format (50 questions: 43 multiple choice, 7 True/False questions)
Chapter 6 Guerilla Marketing Plan
1. Be able to explain the definition of guerilla marketing.
a. Guerilla Marketing unconventional, low-cost, creative marketing s
Exam 3 Study Guide
Ethical Behavior and Legal Foundations
Code of Conduct
Formal statement of an organizations values on certain ethical and social issues
A situation that involves doing something that is beneficial to oneself
MGT 300 Final Study Guide
Fair Labor Standards Act (1938):
Signed by LBJ
- minimum wage at $7.25/hour
- child labor laws
- 40-hour work weeks
Provides overtime for certain employees at time and a half
- excludes salary-based pay
MGT-300 - Chapter 10 Managing Teams
The Good & Bad of Using Teams (201)
Work team (201) a small number of people with complimentary skills who hold themselves mutually
accountable for pursuing a common purpose, achieving common goals, & improving interdep
MGT-300 - Chapter 7 Innovation & Change
Why Innovation Matters (135)
Organizational Innovation (135) the successful implementation of creative ideas in organizations.
o Technology Cycles (135) a cycle that begins with the birth of a new technology& ends w
MGT-300 Chapter 5 Quiz
Mathew, a manager at Happylyfe Inc., has set a long-term goal of becoming a global figure for holiday
packages within the next five years. In this context, Mathew has set a distal goal.
The devils advocacy approach to decision-makin
MGT-300 - Chapter 6 Organizational Strategy
Sustainable Competitive Strategy (111)
Resources (111) the assets, capabilities, processes, employee time, information, & knowledge that an
organization uses to improve its effectiveness and efficiency & create
MGT-300 - Chapter 5 Planning & Decision Making
Benefits & Pitfalls of Planning (89)
Planning (89) choosing a goal and developing a strategy to achieve the goal.
o Benefits of Planning (89)
o Pitfalls of Planning (90)
How to Make a Plan that Works (90)
MGT-300 - Chapter 8 Global Management
Global business, Trade Rules & Trade Agreements (155)
Global Business (155) the buying & selling of goods 7 services by people from different countries.
o The Impact of Global Business (155)
MGT-300 - Chapter 8 Quiz
To protect its farmers, Japan put limitations on the amount of mushrooms and leeks that could be imported from China. This
limitation is an example of a(n) _.
A(n) _ is a direct tax on imported goods.
The Candinia gove