Data Analysis HW #5
1. Review Tutorial #5 to make sure you understand how to use the lht() function to test joint
2. Use the data set called TeachingRatings.csv, which you used in assignment #3. Refresh your
memory about the data and variables
Data Analysis Project Final Report
In this paper, Weinbergers 1998 analysis on the gender pay gap of White college
graduates with a bachelors degree is recreated using 2011 data. Aside from using similar control
variables to Weinberger,
In-class assignment #1 solutions
Instructions: Work in your assigned group. Do the tasks and answer all questions in the space provided. Open book.
The following table gives probabilities of dierent combinations of income level and happiness (ba
CWr q 06
'tmemol mom'smmw «mace: ow: mm emu m we Ww' m
2mm--bm ummcxbr (mm mm ed m 09me d WM
§ '1) WM MW «3:: arm!) m m am 991%! M
hams 0L3 mm *0 a comma and W?
"a!" bi sen/xed m QM ddn
3) Gunanrmmbw bus and WOW
~9m>r m mmemm of W tndkvendem «Mame
1. Review the definitions of all the variables in the caschool data set. Select the five (5) variables that you
think should have the strongest relationship (positive or negative) with student test scores (testscr).
Please DO NOT select any of the followi
1. What are the sample mean, standard deviation, and median of the following variables in the sample?
overall test score (average of math and reading); reading score; math score; student-teacher
ratio; total enrollment(ENRL_TOT); % English language learn
My regression model of earnings:
I will use the regressions to estimate gender gap by looking at the statistical significance and
value of the variable coefficients. My dependent variable will be log of earnings it wont be earnings
because using log will
Data Analysis HW #2
1. Consider the relationship between average test score (testscr) and each of the following variables:
(a) student-teacher ratio; (b) % English language learners; (c) average family income; (d) %
qualifying for reduced-price lunch; (e)
Data Analysis HW #4
ECON 42 Assignment #4: College distance and educational attainment
1. Work through tutorial_5.R and make sure you understand how to run multiple regressions and put
the results in a table.
2. Use the data set called college_distance.cs
Data Analysis HW #1
1. What are the mean and the median of the following variables in the sample?
overall test score (average of math and reading); reading score; math score; student-teacher ratio;
total enrollment; % English language learners; average f