MKT 150 Section 001 11:15 a.m. to 12:05 p.m.
3 Credit Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Glass Hall 344
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
Ms. Deborah Goodale, MBA
Office: Glass Hall (FGB-NOT MKT Dept.) Room 329 E-mail: DeborahGoodale@
1. How does globalization impact supply chain operations?
a. Transportation is more difficult and costly
2. As global trade growth skyrockets for time sensitive agricultural products, supply
chain operations have become more critical to organiz
This type of forecast error measure is the only one to show if a stock out or average occurred?
Which of the following does forecast always assume?
-past always repeats itself
The term functional silos refer to:
-lack of coordination between departm
Superior logistics service can have a positive influence on an org. financial performance
_ looks at how log an org. cash is tied up in receivables, payables and inventory
The balance sheet reflects the assets, liabilities, and
What is learning? - any change in the content or organization of long-term memory or behavior
What is Short-Term Memory (STM) and how does it work? (also known as working memory)
the portion of the memory that is currently activated or in use. "
Links with supply management, input inventory, inbound transport
(time & place utility)
Links with warehousing & distribution management, output inventory, outbound transport
(time & place utility)
Production Trade-offs (4)
1) Volume vs. Va
MKT 351-001 Exam 1 Study Guide
Define consumer behavior
o Study of individuals, groups, orgs. & the processes they use to select, secure, use, and dispose of
products, services, experiences, or ideas to satisfy needs.
The application of CB
o 1. *Marketing
Exam 1 Review MKT 450
Chapter 1 Supply Chain Management: An Overview
Five Major External Forces
1. Globalization creates more economic & political risk, shorter product life cycle, and
blurring of traditional organizational boundaries.
a. Inventory manage
Ch. 4 OmniChannel Distributon and Network Design
1. Drivers of Supply Chain Network Redesign
2. Supply Chain Network Design Process
3. Major Locatonal Determinants
b. Site Specific
4. Network Desig
Worlds Top Exporters - July 2009
European Union $ 1,690,000,000,000 2007
$ 1,530,000,000,000 2008 est.
$ 1,465,000,000,000 2008
1. How does globalization impact supply?
- Greater economic freedoms and product choice for people to choose from
- Creates competition
- Raises the standard of living in countries that participate in the global marketplace
- Inventory is higher