Change of an element (Mass/Charge)*Charge
Element on botton is electrons and top bottom is neutrons
Alkai metalts group 1, alkaline earth group 2
Halogens group 17,
noble gas group 18
(Mass of fi
1. What was found at Zultapec? What is unusual about the burials? A mass
grave was found. The number of people that were in the grave and how they
died, including dismemberment of the bodies was unusual about the burials.
2. Why did the Aztecs use human s
Unit 3 notes
How exactly do archaeologists unearth ancient civilizations?
Imagine you have been digging for days under the hot desert sun. You have
found your weight in broken pottery and enough coins to stuff a piggy bank.
You are hot, tired, and wonderi
Unit 3 lab questions
1. What challenges did the archaeologist's group face as they tried to find
Mayan monuments? Trees and other jungle materials have grown up over
and in the area.
2. Why is satellite information useful to archaeologists? Because the
What exactly is the big idea of archaeology?
Archaeologists have many jobs, but if you were to sum up their purpose in
just a few words it would be to uncover the past. This is not an easy task.
Artifacts are not simply snatched from ancient temples and t
Unit 3 text questions
1. How does a team of archaeologists work together to carry out an
excavation? Each person is add by skill and education, that person works
doing that particular skill or thing that the education allows them to do. Then
each person w
Review Test Submission: 2.03 Quiz
MOVIP17 Core U.S. History (Semester 1) Section
8/23/16 11:02 AM
8/23/16 11:14 AM
9 out of 10 points
Colonists joyfully celebrated the British victory in the French and Indian War. The colonists were
proud of their English heritage and rejoiced in being associated with the powerful British
Empire. The victory meant the British had doubled their territory
Unit Two: Text Questions
1. What are the goals of archaeology? The goals of archeology are to document and explain
the origins and development of human culture, understand culture history, chronicle
cultural evolution, and study human beh
The history of America begins more than 12,000 years ago when nomadic hunters and seafarers
migrated from Asia to the Americas. By 1492, it was inhabited by millions of people living in hundreds of
diverse tribes. By the early seventeenth century, England
What leadership characteristics did George Washington demonstrate during the Revolution?
What are some of the important characteristics of a political leader? Did George Washington
demonstrate intelligence? Did he have skills as a leader, a communicator,
T _ t. oi.
:E: 2: uEEzmo o. 3.38 2:
mm: Ea o H a :5: 352— .333 E C I _ + Hwy}. H Ci. 5:33 2: oﬁsgm
2.855: :5: a 5.2%” - BESS
._ u. . ‘ 1.:
.3 :u3u\.:o:ucﬂ 95 .3 :nﬁw 2: :28? S way—ma Ex :9“
MAT 1613 Calculus 1
Mat 1613 Calculus 1 (Corequisite: Mat 1323 or appropriate placement score for Mat 1613.)This course includes
the following topics: limits; continuity; the definition of the derivative; differentiation; a
Lab 4: Determination of Absolute Zero
Student Name: Rebecca Kelly
Date Experiment done:
Date Report Completed:
Name of Grader: Mrs. Anderson
Hypothesis: A prediction of what you think the results of the project will be. Write your hypothesis before you
1. Take a gas piston from the Glassware shelf and place it on the workbench.
2. Take a balance from the Tools shelf and drop it directly onto the gas piston. Record the
mass of the empty piston.
Mass of empty piston 111.420 g
3. Select one of th
Lab Experiment # 2
February 24 2015
Title: Air Quality
Purpose: Prepare and examine the properties of two atmospheric
gases - CO2 and O2.
Procedure: Overview of the Experimental Procedure
1) Prepare samples of exhaled
Chapt 1 HW Problems:
"Know" all the keywords at the end of
chapt.Review Question Section: ALL
THought Questions: 49, 50, 54, 56, 58
Chapt 2 HW Problems:
Be able to write a bit about Primary Cilia
and Human Disease (p. 42)
A nonmotile version of
1. Which of the following statements is true of an open system? (1 point)
There is an exchange of energy only with the surroundings.
There is an exchange of matter only with the surroundings.
There is an exchange of both matter an
BIOCHEMISTRY: AN INTRODUCTION
1) The ultimate source of energy for life on earth is _.
A) The sun
B) Geothermal heat
E) Other organisms
2) Which of the following is not a common component of biomolecules?
1) During exocytosis membrane-bound vesicles migrate from the Golgi apparatus to the
B) Smooth endoplasmic reticulum
C) Cell wall
D) Plasma membrane
E) More than one answer is correct
2) Notable features of eu
WATER THE MATRIX OF LIFE
1) The most important factor in the evolution of life on earth is _.
A) The sun
D) Dry land
E) A reducing atmosphere
2) A hydrogen bond is best defined as:
A) A strong chemical bond between h
Notes and tidbits.
1) Be careful about the implied bonding in condensed formulas:
and the N has a formal charge of +1
2) Whenever an atom has one more bond than it normally should (neutral N has 3 b
1) Give the IUPAC name for each molecule below (5 pts each).
2) Draw the correct structure for each molecule below (5 pts each).
The Effect of Sunscreen
To find which color strip protects the beads from UV rays best.
1. Put 3 beads in each of the two small containers.
2. Put a colored sheet over each of the containers and set in the sunlight for a minute
As you are keenly aware, we must help the students to learn the material in the elementary courses far more than in the
regular general chemistry course. Every experienced instructor knows that we must teach our students to do scientific alge
Basic Concepts of Chemical
Chemical Bonds, Lewis Symbols, and
the Octet Rule
Chemical bond: attractive force holding two or more
Covalent bond results from sharing electrons between
the atoms. Usually found between nonm