1. Explain the evolution of the new party system in the United States in the 1790s.
During the first 11 years of the country, it was critical for the government to establish new
laws as well as implement them through the executive branch. The
1. What happened at the Seneca Falls Conference in 1847? What were women demanding? How
does this even shape the womens and abolitionist movement of the nineteenth century?
A womens rights convention in Seneca Falls, New York was where genera
1. Explain the rationale in the majority and dissenting opinions in the Plessy v. Ferguson case. What
were the long-term ramifications of the decision?
2. Explain how the United States evolved into an imperialist power. What were the short and long
1. What happened with the Electron of 1800? What were the outcomes (both short and long term) of
the election? How did it help indicate the Constitution allowed for flexibility?
At the time of the Election of 1800, the Constitution state
1. What actions did Franklin Roosevelt take to alleviate the problems of the Great
2. Explain what social security insurance began as in law and what it is today. Is it a
pyramid or Ponzi scheme?
3. What type of agreement was forged in Tehran?
Questions 14, 16-23 Abigail Gerdts, Jordan Lanning, Charles Miller, Marvin Black
14. Explain how Washingtons impassioned letter at Valley Forge revealed the vulnerability of the army
and the new American nation
Washingtons impassioned letter at Valley For
1. Explain how Lincoln expanded the role of the presidency and government as a whole during his
Several Southern States had threatened to secede if Lincoln won the presidency. After
Lincoln won the presidency, starting with So
1. Explain what isolationism is. Why did the United States become so associated with
isolationism in the 1930s?
2. Explain how abortion is a controversial issue between state and national powers. Explain
what the short and long term ramifications of the R
1. How did George W. Bush react to 9/11? Was his speech adequate to the event?
2. Discuss the size and scope of the government. Does the United States have too much
or too little government?
3. Discuss the purpose of the Homeland Security Departm