Study and Critical Thinking Questions
1. The Dalai Lama believes religion is still needed because in this age of science it is
necessary that we keep our inner spiritual values and not stray from them. Science
Cathryn Van Landuyt
29 August 2016
Service Learning, Public Affairs, and Community Focus Review
According the Missouri State website, The goal of service-learning is to develop the
skills, sensitivities, and commitments necessary f
16 February 2016
Theories of Religion
At the beginning of the semester I wrote my own definition of religion which said: I
would define religion by saying that it is a persons beliefs and where their values ste
2 February 2016
Otto and Marx Questions
1. When we think of the word holy what does Otto assert that we think of? What
does he say holy mean (and does not mean)?
Otto says that when we think of the word holy
Study and Critical Thinking Questions Chapter 8
1. The Dalai Lama starts out by saying that ethics is about both knowing and doing.
2. The three aspects of putting ethics into everyday life are; an ethic of restraint, a
9 February 2016
1. According to Freud, there is a religious world-view that says religion meets three
human psychological needs. What are these three needs?
Freud says that religion functions to console people, and