1. Difference between Vertical Structure and Horizontal structure Pg. 187
Vertical Structure- Top to bottom. Its operations roles, defending the organizations boundaries
and maintaining direct control over resources.
Horizontal Structure- Organizes empl
Study Guide: Chapters 1-4
1. What is the definition of an organization?
Organizations- Are social entities that are goal-directed, and are designed as
deliberately structured and coordinated activity systems, and are linked to the
1. When you talk about a large and a small company where do you see a market
Answer- Small Company
2. What are two crucial requirements for success in a global economy? (Pg.353)
Answer- Responsiveness & Flexibility in fast-changing market
1. When you talk about challenges which one of the following is NOT a challenge?
Answer- A traditional workplace
2. What do you call when you make interpretations of positive treatment?
Answer- Hawthorne Study
3. Which of the following is NOT the responsi