Multiple Choice Questions
1. A solution is made by dissolving some salt in a beaker of water. The salt is referred to as the
2. When KCl dissolves in water, the following will be produced.
CHM 202 Problem of the week
Rofecoxib (Vioxx) is a cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor (COX-2 is the enzyme which
mediates the bodys response to arthritis and other inflammatory conditions).
Unfortunately, recent studies have indicated that Vioxx can cause dramati
Name the following:
cis 2-methylcyclohexanecarboxylic acid
Practice questions from CH 20-21
1.(12) Name the following compounds:
OH ,-dichloroglutaric acid
North Carolina Test of
Public Schools of North Carolina
State Board of Education
Department of Public Instruction
Division of Accountability Services/North Carolina Testi
There are six electrons
in a carbon atom
Dr Davids Chemistry Test (Answers)
Test 1 (answers): Theme: Atomic Structure.
2. Negative, one two thousanth.
4. x=23, y=11.
5. Electrons, shells.
6. Spherically sym
High Frequency Stretching
Low Frequency Bending
Frequency of Absorption
Measured in cm-1 (Wavenumbers)
Wavelength units typically microns (m)
10,000 m = 1 cm or 1m = 10-4 cm
Frequency units ty
Liquids, Solids, and
Kinetic Molecular Theory
The physical state of a material depends
largely on two major factors
1. the amount of kinetic energy the particles
2. the strength of attraction between the particles