Determine how closely each statement describes your feelings. Select the appropriate response.
1. I like to share my feelings with others.
2. I like to feel close to other people.
Evaluate Your Lifestyle
If you never use tobacco, enter a score of 10 for this section and go to the next section.
1. I avoid using tobacco.
2. I smoke only low-tar-and-nicotine cigarettes or I smoke a pipe or cigars or I
use spit tobacco.
Unit 4: Homework
Homework: Gender Roles and Society
Be sure you answer the questions at the end and submit via the Week 4 Homework
dropbox no later than Sunday at midnight.
Directions: The views of many people in regard to these traditional masculine and
Assignment 1: Worksheet 8: Identify your Stress Level and your Key Stressors
How many of the symptoms of excess stress in the list below do you experience
1. Are you easily startled or irritated?
2. Are you increasingly forgetful?
*If you are a vegetarian, check column C for these (*) topics.
RATE YOUR DIET
Think about the way you usually eat and for each food topic, put a
check mark in column A, B or C.
_Usually eat twice _Usually eat once a
Unit 3: Wellness Project
1. Explain at least four specific warning signs of severe depression (not necessarily
Anger or Irritability- Feeling agitated, impatient, or even violent. Your tolerance is
low, you have a short temper, and everything ge
1. List five major health issues that can occur at any point in our life and explain how an
individuals lifestyle impacted the onset of the health issue. If scientific research does not
implicate lifestyle was a contributing factor, provide other contribu
Week 1 Nutrition Information
This week you will describe how you view your diet. In beginning this analysis of your diet you
should answer the following points. (Point value -15 pts)
1. What are your predictions on your diet analysis?
I know I have a lot
Discussion Postings, Homework and Other Reports
Types of References
Parenthetical or in-text references to quoted material or paraphrased material. These
usually include the author's last name and the date of publication (scientific style
BI 214 Final Exam Review List
Health vs wellness, fitness and components, BMI, target heart rate
Lifestyle diseases, define, causes of death,
Healthy People 2010
Six dimensions of wellness and what each really means
Working Toward a Healthy Environment
1. Discuss the relationship between environment and
2. Describe the health effects of air pollution,
including smog and the hole in the ozone
Movement and Physical
Activity for Health
1. List reasons that individuals get too little
movement and physical activity.
2. List the four categories of physical activity:
Violence in Our
Violence in Our Society
1. Describe the different kinds of interpersonal
2. Explain ways that violence affects health.
3. List the kinds of violence and abuse that can lead
Heredity and Disease
Learning Objectives (continued)
1. Define the functions of DNA, genes, and
2. Describe several inherited diseases caused by
3. List several chemicals that cause
Immunity, Infection & Cancer
Describe characteristics of infectious diseases and explain the role of the immune
system on their control.
Sample Questions (When studying for the final exam, you should be able to answer
Definitions of Health & Wellness
What is your definition of health? Wellness?
How do they differ?
What are the most important things that
characterize what we think of as health?
Wellnessa healthy balance of the min
A cup-shaped rubber device that fits over the cervix and can be left in place for
several days is the:
Which of the following does NOT require initial placement by a physician?
Sperm remain capable of fertilization inside the womans body for up to _.
Complete the following and then turn them in using Submit Assignment.
One category of birth control is Fertility Awareness-Based Methods. What are the different
methods involved and how effective is this category.
Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FAM
Analyze the two different STIs as far as symptoms, severity, sterilization possibility, and treatment.
Hepatitis B, caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV), is a disease/infection that affects the liver and is
commonly transmitted via bodil
This paper will describe my dietary intake over a four day period in week 2 versus my dietary
intake over an alternate four day peri
Facts about Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Describe the early symptoms, potential long-term effects and diagnosis & treatment for each. This means
that these are not just one or two words.
The symptoms of gonorrhea present differe