You are the Human Resources Manager for ABC Widget Company, a private
employer. You have recently had a number of questions from various
employees regarding the classification of positions as exempt or nonexempt. You decide you should put together a FAQ (
The Employee Free Choice Act is was first proposed in Congress in 2009. It is
reportedly stalled at this point for political reasons. However, rest assured
the debate will be re-engaged sooner than later.
The two links below are advertisements for both si
1. What was the legal issue in this case? What did the court decide?
The legal issues in this case are whether or not a number of female applicants were subjected to
sexual discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by The Dial Corpora
1. What were the legal issues in this case? What did the court decide?
In Vehar v. Cole National Group, plaintiff Wendy Vehar, a computer programmer,
alleged pay discrimination by Cole comparing her pay to that of her male colleagues,
also programmers, wh
1. What were the legal issues in this case? What did the
appeals court decide?
-The EEOC claimed that Target violated Title VII of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964 by race discrimination against African-American
applicants for manager positions. The EEOC also
Harassed for being unmanly? En banc court sees Title VII violation; dissent
sees clean-talk enforcer
1. In this case a man is being harassed at his job for not being manly. The harassment target,
Kevin Woods, endured near-daily taunts by Chuck Wolfe, the
Transgender discrimination Under Title 7
1. In this case a police detective who applied for a crime lab position with the Bureau of
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and
The first article I found talks about a 39 year old woman who died due to
chemical burns. Around midnight on June 1, 2007, Tina Hall
As Human Resources Manager at ABC Widget Company, you also want to
provide an FAQ regarding COBRA for your employees. Following are the
questions for which you should provide answers to include in your FAQs:
What is COBRA? COBRA stands for the Consolidate
1. The legal issue is whether or not the courts and the construction company itself should up
hold the violations of specific OSHA standards.
2. 1. The failure to instruct employees and managers on how to recognize and avoid
hazardous work conditions.
Vehar v. Cole National Group
What were the legal issues in this case? What did the court decide? In this case the legal
issue was that Vehar was being discriminated against because she was a woman. She was
being paid a lower amount than her coworkers.
An organized collection of people, procedures, software, databases and devices used
to create store, share and the use the organization knowledge and experience.
Explicit knowledge is objective and can be measured
1. The legal issue is Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The plaintiff feels that age discrimination caused her demotion in
the school system that forced her to take legal actions. The court
decided to reverse the district courts grant of summary