Chapter 1 Prep Sheet
Read Chapter 1 and look over the power point slides.
Define Operations Management. What are three core issues? In what way do you think
OM could be described as an art? As a science?
Science and art of ensurin
Chapter 15 Prep Sheet
1. Read the chapter, paying special attention to the leaders in Quality Management, GAP
model and ISO 9000. (We will not have time to cover these in class but you need to know
1. Group Work
Because the economic order quantity was 107.41 I rounded up to 108 since you cannot order
part of a gallon. 108 is also a good quantity since it is divisible by 4 which is how many gallons
come in a case. If they were worried about having
1. Read the chapter. (Yes, really. Read it!) Answer Discussion Question #1 on a separate
sheet of paper and print it out. Be sure to relate your answer to the sequencing rules in
2. Are scheduling a
Chapter 3 Measuring Performance in Operations
Prep Sheet Do this before class.
1. Answer Discussion Question # 5 (page 66)
2. How does the book define measurement?
Measurement us the act of quantifying the performance of organization
Chapter 4 Operations Strategy
1. Define Strategy.
Strategy is a pattern or plan that integrates an organizations major goals, policies, and action
sequences into a cohesive whole.
2. Define Competitive advantage:
Chapter 2 - Value Chains
1. Define Value in your own words before reading the book definition: Value is the importance an
individual assigns to something.
* Read Chapter 2 and look over the power point slides*
Write the book definiti
Problems 4 & 7
4. Prior to schedule change 8,795/16 = 550 Passengers per flight
After schedule change 15,653/25 = 626 Passengers per flight
There was a greater number of passengers per flight after the schedule change, meaning the ch
Chapter 1 Prep Sheet
Define Operations Management. What are three core issues? In what way do you think OM could be
described as an art? As a science?
Operations management is the science and art of ensuring that goods and service
Questions 4, 12
4. I had an instance with my credit card where fraudulent charges had occurred. The credit card
company stated that they would remove the charges but they did not remove all of them. I called back
to tell them that no