CH. 10 Discussion Starters
March 23, 3016
1. What is the status of the Internet and World Wide Web in public
Public relations departments now have interactive specialists and groups
responsible for communicat
CH. 9 Discussion Starters
March 11, 2016
1. What is meant by the devils advocate role of the media?
The devils advocate role of the media refers to the press, in most instances,
being so negative about the institutions they co
CH. 8 Discussion Starters
February 22, 2016
1. Why is research important in public relations?
Research is important in public relations because management today demands
measurement, analysis, and evaluation at every stage of the publ
CH. 7 Discussion Starters
February 17, 2015
1. What is the difference between a public relation professionals
responsibility and a lawyers responsibility?
The difference between a public relation professionals responsibility a
Ch. 6 Discussion Starters
February 15, 2016
1. How would you define ethics?
Ethics are set of guiding principles that tell society what is socially acceptable
and what is not.
2. How would you describe the state of ethics in
Ch. 5 Discussion Starters
February 8, 2016
1. What is the management process of public relations?
The management process of public relations consists of public relations managers
functioning as a liaison between the organization and
SCM: 205 A
Ch. 4 Discussion Starters
February 3, 2016
1. What is the relationship between public relations and public opinion?
The relationship between public relations and public opinion is public opinion
represents a consensus. That consen
1. Why is it important that public relations professionals understand
Its important that public relations professionals understand communication
because they act as a professional communicator. They must demonstrate a
mastery for all ty
1. What societal factors have influenced the spread of public relations?
The societal factors have influenced the spread of public relations include:
growth of big institutions, heightened public awareness and media
sophistication, increasing incidence
Chapter 1 Discussion Questions
January 15, 2016
1. How prominent is the practice of public relations around the world in the 21st
The practice of public relations has become a multibiollion-dollar business practiced by