Essential body fat is located just below the skin.
Women have a higher proportion of essential fat than men primarily because women
have less muscle tissue.
have essential fat deposited in the breasts, uterus and
ExRx.net website is very helpful in providingng approriate instructions for total body exercises, weight
training, and kinesiology addition to safety guides which are informative for injury recovery and
prevention. One can find detailed and comprehensive
1. To complete this activity you will need to visit the Wellness Zone located in the library (PML 108).
I would like you to participate in the activities for about 15 minutes. You can use the massage
chairs, put puzzles together, color, or participate in
1. What should one do while lifting a heavy box?
lift mostly with the arms.
10. spread the legs beyond shoulder-width in
13. hold the box away from the body.
distance for balance.
NUTRITION UNIT 4 CHAP 8
Food labels list nutrient content in the context of a daily diet of
The first major goal of 2010 "Dietary Guidelines for Americans" is to
1. Several kinds of fish have been promoted as having a positive effect on
cardiovascular health because they are rich in
trans fatty acids
10. omega-3 fatty acids
13. saturated fat
1. When weight training, you should
breathe very fast in order to avoid a decreased blood supply to the heart and
consequent dizziness and fainting.
hold your breath.
10. breathe very slowly in order to avoid a dangerous
The leading cause of death in the United States is
cardiovascular disease (CVD)
A psychoactive drug is one that
alters a person's state of mind or consciousness
Metastasis occurs when
cancer cells break off and invade othe
1. The type of exercise you select for high-intensity interval training
must be either running, swimming, or cycling.
does not matter as long as you exercise at a high
10. is important because each type of exer
High-protein diets increase one's risk for which disease?
irritated bowel syndrome
Which of the following characteristics should be looked for in evaluating and selecting a diet