HAND POWER TOOL WORKSHEET
1. What hand held power tool saw is primarily used for shaping moulding and trim?
2. Name two hand held power saws that can cut both metal and wood.
b. saber saw
3. A tool that i
HAND TOOL WORKSHEET
1. What type of bit has teeth?
Push drill bits and hole saw bits
2. What tool would you use to cut thin sheet metals?
3. What is the difference between a claw hammer and a rip hammer?
1. List three grades of plywood (3pts)
a. A - A
b. A - B
c. A - C
2. Explain what OSB is. (1pt)
OSB is oriented strand board it is layers of wood flakes laid out with the grains all going in one
1. In your own words, what is the difference between hue and saturation? (2pts)
The hue is the color or variation of the color whereas the saturation is how deep the color is
and how well it will show on
1. How does a lock washer work? (1pt)
A lock washer is not a full circle it has a split in it so that it creates pressure between the bolt
and the wood in order to prevent loosening.
2. True or False: The
SHOP MATH WORKSHEET #1
1) Give two other fractions that equal the given whole number or fraction. For example another
way of writing 1 is 2/2. (8pts)
a. = 2/4 = 3/6
b. 3/8 = 6/16 = 9/24
c. = 2/8 = 4/ 16
d. 7/8 = 14/16 = 2