Physics Phun 9
Chapter 7 Part A
1. Finding arc length: A spectator standing at the center of circular track observes a runner
start a training run 256 m due east of her own position. The runner runs until she is
directly north (a quarter lap) of the obser
Physics Phun 10
Chapter 7 Part B
1. A flywheel rotates with an angular speed of 25 rev/s. As it is brought to rest, it turns 50
revolutions. What is the magnitude of the angular acceleration? How much time does it
take to stop?
2. The blades of a fan swit
Chapter 8 Part C
A mass m descends a vertical distance from rest. From the
conservation of mechanical energy, will the linear speed of the descending mass be
greater than, less than, or equal to ?
2. If m = 1.0 kg and M = 3.0 kg, what is t
Physics Phun 11
Chapter 8 Part A
1. A wheel rolls 5 revolutions on a horizontal surface without slipping. If the center of mass
(axis of rotation) traveled 3.2 m, what is the radius of the wheel?.
2. A bowling ball with a radius of 15 cm travels down the
PSI AP Physics I
Dynamics Chapter Questions
1. What is Newtons First Law?
2. Can an object with zero net force acting on it be moving? Explain.
3. Discuss how an objects acceleration relates to the direction of its movement.
4. A box is placed on a table.
PHYSICS 210-001 Online
Professor: Dr. Bob Riggs
Office Hours: 3 to 4 Monday & Wednesday and by appointment
College Physics (7th Edition) by Wilson, Buffa, and Lou. Students will als
Rotational Motion & Equilibrium
Work sheet #6
MC The units of angular momentum are (a) (b) (c) (d) (c)
MC The angular momentum may be increased by (a) decreasing the moment of inertia, (b)