REQUIREMENTS FOR A MINOR IN MUSIC
A minimum of 23 semester hours in music, including the following:
MUT 112 and MUT 113;
MUL 235, MUL 236,
Applied Music (six hrs. at 200 level)
MUO 111, MUO 117 , MUO 115, MUO 127, and MUO 130 or MUO 133 (four hours),
Discussion 1-11, 15
1. Describe the major differences between a proprietorship and a partnership.
a. Proprietorship is the sole owner of the business and has the full power to make any
decision for the business without any harm to it. However, t
Study Guide Test 1 (Chapter 1 4)
Homework questions assigned for each chapter
Specifically, be able to discuss/define:
A successful entrepreneur:
o Sees and seizes a commercial opportunity
o Tends to be doggedly optimisti
2. What is meant by the statement that a balance sheet provides a snapshot of a ventures financial
position as of a point in time? Why must a balance sheet be in balance?
2-4. What are the components of a sound business model?
The business model must generate revenues and expected to continue to generate revenues and
the model must also make after tax operating profits. The model must
1. What is the entrepreneurial process?
It comprises: developing opportunities, gathering resources, and managing and building
operations, all with the goal of creating value.
2. What is entrepreneurship? What are some basic
3. Briefly describe venture debt capital and venture equity capital.
In general, early-stage ventures raise debt capital from individuals, venture lenders, and when
3. What are the three types of comparisons that can be made when conducting ratios analyses?
The three type of comparisons:
Trend analysis is to examination of a ventures performance over time.
Cash Flow from Operating Activities
Increase in receivable
Increase in in inventories
Increase in Payable
Increase in Accrued wages
Net cash flow from operation activities