Solution for MA110 Exam 2 review
Note: you should show steps in the exam!
1. win: (35)($15) = $525 2. win: 1($30) = $30 3. lose: $25 4. P(getting a red number) = 18/38 o(getting a red number) = 18:20 5. P(getting a number between 1 and 12 inclusive) = 12/
Introduction The truth value of a statement is the classification as true or false which denoted by T or F. A truth table is a listing of all possible combinations of the individual statements as true or false, along with the resulting tru
All logical reasoning is based on statement of fact. Definition. A statement is a sentence that is either true or false.
Example 1: Which of the following are statements?
1. The 2008 Summer Olympic Games will be in Beiji
1. What is logic? Webster dictionary definition: the science of correct reasoning; the science which describes relationships among propositions in terms of implication, contradiction, contrariety, and conversion. Logic is a science that de
4.2 Measures of Central Tendency We often represent the data set by numerical summary measures, usually called the typical values. A measure of central tendency gives the average of a data set or center of a histogram or a frequency distribution curve. 3
Statistics are everywhere!
Population, Sample, and Data
Definition. Statistics is the science of collecting, organizing, and summarizing data in such a way that valid conclusions and meaningful predictions can be drawn from them.
MA 110 EXAM 2 Review
Question 1-7 refer to a game of roulette. Find the outcome of each bet (question 1-3). 1. You bet $15 on the 20 and the ball lands on the 20. 2. You bet $30 on the odd numbers and the ball lands on 3. 3. You bet $25 on the 1-12 sectio
MA 110 Finite Mathematics Test Review Chapters 1-2
1. Construct a Venn diagram to determine the validity of the given argument. a) 1. All squares are rectangles. 2. Some quadrilaterals are squares. . Therefore, some quadrilaterals are rectangles. b) 1. Al
Poker is a card game played with the standard 52 card deck. There are 4 suits: hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades. Hearts and diamonds are red; clubs and spades are black. Each suit has thirteen cards. Each suit consists
Sets and Counting
Definition. The branch of mathematics that deals with sets is called set theory.
Sets and Set Operations
Definition. A set is a collection of objects. Definition. The objects in a set are called elements of the set. Definit
Chapter 4 Review
1. (Page231 1) To study the library habits of students at a local college, thirty randomly selected students were surveyed to determine the number of times they had been to the library during the last week. The following results were obta