Chapter 17 Review
1. What is Warfarin?
Rat poison; a rodenticide
2. Why do some rats survive exposure to Warfarin?
Resistance; a mutation through the gene
3. Why do some rats not survive exposure to Warfarin?
They dont have the mutation.
4. When warfarin
Chapter 13 Review
1. Gregor Mendel used ? plants in many of his experiments.
2. Which trait is dominant in pea plants (purple flowers or white flowers)?
3. Construct a Punnet square where two parents are true-breeding for contrasting
Chapter 12 Review
1. Which cells are destined to undergo meiosis?
The cells that are destined to become gametes
2. Why is meiosis important?
Because it ensures that all organisms produced via sexual reproduction contain the
correct number of chromosomes.
Chapter 1 Review
1. What is critical thinking?
Judging information before accepting it
2. What is a scientific theory?
When the hypotheses of an experiment is proven via years
of collecting evidence
3. What is a hypothesis?
Testable explanations, educated