1. My friend who I played baseball with this summer told me a short story of how he felt he
was racial singled out. His mom is a longtime veteran of the US Air Force, and he moved
back with her in her hometown. So he came moved there as a young tee
1. Are you in favor of law enforcement using "Tasers?"
Yes, I am in favor of law enforcement using Tasers because that means that officers can control a
violent suspect or someone resisting arrest without having to use their fi
International Terrorist Groups- typically operate in multiple countries, but retain a
geographic focus for their activities. Hezbollah has cells worldwide, and has conducted
operations in multiple countries, but is primarily
1. Mediation -Intervention in a dispute in order to resolve it; arbitration. Mediation is a free,
voluntary and confidential service that helps people who have a dispute to reach their
own settlement. Instead of asking a judge to make a decision in
1. Name the Core Components of the American Criminal Justice System.
2. After you name the components, name their function.
Law Enforcement: Law enforcement
1. Judges play many roles. They interpret the law, assess the evidence presented, and control
how hearings and trials unfold in their courtrooms. Most important of all, judges are
impartial decision-makers in the pursuit of justice.
2. Chief U.S.
1. The federal court system has three main levels:
district courts - the general trial courts of the United States federal court system.
They are known as the work horses because they deal with most of the court
cases. Both civil and criminal case
1. Earlier this year, I was in the passenger seat while my friend who was driving got pulled
over. The officer pulled him over around 11 pm and it was because he was driving
straight on the middle turning lane. The officer was really nice and we ex
Chapter 08 : Pretrial and Trial Procedures
True / False
1. Bail can be used to punish an accused, and can be denied or revoked
at the indulgence of the court.
2. More than half of all violent criminals are released before trial.
3. A nolo contendere (no c