Furniss: BGEN 105S
Current Issues #5
1. Discuss Yum Brand's history and presence in China.
KFC, a division of the Yum Brand, was one of the first successful American fast-food restaurants
in China. When the first KFC opened in Beijing i
Do trust and leadership go hand in hand?
Trust and leadership are intricately intertwined and there is no doubt that trust
provides a foundation that supports respect and authority. Building and maintaining trust
is important for any leadership position.
Week 1 Homework
(1) Compare and contrast Murphys definition of leadership with that provided by Bass.
Murphys definition of leadership focuses on a situational approach, an approach that is
fundamentally sociological, not psychological.
THE EFFECTS OF TRUST ON
Does trust in leadership effect organizational performance?
Trust and leadership are intricately intertwined and there is no doubt that trust provides a
foundation that s
Principles of Business Chapters 10, 11, 12 Questions
Chapter 10 - Motivation
1. Define Motivation and the four indicators for measuring motivation.
Motivation: essentially the reason(s) you or I have for acting a certain way or
1. Define management.
Essentially the process of dealing with and/or controlling
groups of things and people.
2. What characteristics or skills do managers need today and
for the future?
Leadership and people management, communication
1. Define Marketing and explain its role in society.
Marketing is the attempt by a firm to build a relationship and trust with a
customer base in return for sales and other value.
Simply put, marketings role in society all
Identify and define the four key functions of management.
Planning - Developing strategies, establishing goals and objectives
and putting those goals into action plans.
Organizing - Arranging the firms resources to execute the firms
Intro to BUSINESS
TEST II (Chapters 17 20)
Taken together as a measure of the money supply, currency and demand deposits are the
major components of
the prime rate.
1. Countries are compared through geography, climate, religion, business, healthcare,
poverty, racial tension, crime, drugs, poverty, governmental regulations, decadence,
pollution, and moral decay. T
1. What is accounting?
2. Describe the roles of private and public accountants.
3. Define GAAP and discuss its importance in accounting records.
4. What is the accounting equation? Define each term.
1. An entrepreneur is someone that takes on greater than normal financial risks in order to
organize and operate a business or businesses. Some common traits of entrepreneurs
include: believing they control the
1) One of the advantages of having a sole proprietorship is they are extremely easy to form and
dissolve. It only costs $50 to get your own business license. Because it is solely owned, all
the profits go stra
Chapter 1 Questions
1. A business is any profit-seeking organization that provides goods and services designed
to satisfy customers needs. Revenue is the money a company brings in through the sale
of goods and services.
1) Economics is the study of how a society uses its scarce resources to produce and distribute
goods and services. Microeconomics is the study of economic behavior among consumers,
businesses, and, and industries t
1. Nations trade with each other when they cannot produce the resources of capacity to
satisfy their own needs and wants. Be developing and and exploiting their domestic
scarce resources, countries can produce