History Unit 3
Journey with Lewis and Clark
1. What things impressed you most about the journey of Lewis and Clark?
The things that impressed me most about the journey of Lewis and Clark was all of the
brand new encounters they came upon. Ca
You hear people talk about the educational world as a much different place than
it ever used to be. You hear that it may be more relaxed now, with different focuses.
Back then it was strict, consequential, rewarding, and oh, dont forget, you had to walk
History Unit 6
1. Consider the work force, particularly immigrant labor. Which nationality formed the backbone
of the Central Pacific force? The Union Pacific force? How were they treated? Characterize the
life of the railroad workers.
Understand the notion of myth in the history of the West. How accurate is the romantic
ideal of the West? What did Turner's thesis say about the history of the West?
Who were the great civilizers of the West?
How did the Mormons conquer the Great Basin?
History Unit 1
1. How "historically factual" is the Disney story of Pocahontas?
The Disney story of Pocahontas was more so factual than any of the other Disney
movies. It was true that Pocahontas was a Powhatan woman born with the
History Unit 5
1. Find the picture of Private Edwin Jennison and click it to enlarge it. Describe your
When looking at the photo of Edwin Jennison I was shocked. Here you have all
these other big almighty men with beards and gruff looks on their
History Unit 2
1. Write a brief account of your experience in the Ross house.
My experience with the Ross house tour was very informative. They have done
an excellent job restoring certain parts and I actually felt as if I were th
History Unit 9
1. Why do you think JFK has been called the most photogenic of all American presidents?
I think JFK has been called the most photogenic of all the American presidents
because he was so young and youthful looking. He was full o
History Writing 4
Family-In the Laura Spice narrative, a man has been separated from his wife. You can tell how
much it pains both of them by the way they talk through their writing. The husband, who has
remarried, is not at peace with himse
History Unit 8
1. Discuss the background of Prohibition. Who pushed it? What were its antecedents
(background events and issues)?
The background of the Prohibition was all in all to prevent people from drinking
alcohol. Many wanted a dry pop