According to the conflict perspective, alcohol is legal because it
is one of the safest drugs available.
is often consumed by those who have the power to define
plays an important role in relieving social stress.
1 out of 1 points
A form of marriage that involves one husband having more than one wife
1 out of 1 points
The marital resiliency perspective argues
divorce provides a second chance at
1. Following disaster, there is a shift toward the mutual support function in communities because
of a breakdown of normal social barriers. Identify support concerns.
The shift toward the mutual support in communities from a breakdown of normal social bar
1. What is contagious mental unity within a crowd?
Contagious mental unity is a mental emotional bond without a normal cognitive thought. It is an
idea or thought that circulates within a crowd without the thought or idea coming from the
crowd. Only becau
1. What is J. Allen Hynek's six fold typology or classification system for UFO sighting based
J. Allen Hynek responsibility was if there was an astronomical explanation for UFO sighting. He
would study the reports and decide if the description the UFO
1. Describe the tragedy that occurred on April 15, 1989 during the final match between
Liverpool and Nottingham Forest and what later transpired.
On April 15, 1989 during the final match between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest, the match
had been called o
1. Rumors are usually thought of as unreliable stories from unknown sources that are passed
indiscriminately from one person to another. This popular view is most similar to which of the
sociological views of rumor?
A rumor is an unreliable story from unk
1. Discuss the research done by Mackay. Describe a study that illustrates this research.
Charles Mackay researched the account of the tulip mania and his account was the only account
to be cited in the mass hysteria preceding. According to our chapter 3 r
1. Name the six major interests within the field of collective behavior named by Gary Marx.
Since there were no definitions for collective behavior, Gary Marx studied and came up with six
characteristics to define collective behavior. Those six major inte
1. Why did ghost dancing not occur among the Apache and Navaho people?
Ghost dancing did not occur among the Apache and Navaho people because in their culture,
they feared calling Ghost back to the living world (Miller, 1984). The Apache would bury
1. Describe what tactics of diffusion and communication did the Iowa Highway Patrol use in the
disturbances on the University of Iowa campuses in May of 1970.
Some of the tactics used during the University of Iowa in May of 1970, by the Iowa Highway
1. Describe the 1980 migration of Cubans to the United States.
The 1980 migration of Cubans to the United States was known as The Freedom Flotilla. The
first Cubans to arrive were given sixty-day parole visa ad room/board in which became
impossible as mor
1. Name and discuss the four types of riots.
Four type of riots are communal, commodity, protest, and celebration riots. According to Miller, These
riots are visualized from a standpoint of individual participation (Collective Behavior and Collective
Behavior study of Obedience 1
The Behavior study of Obedience
Collective Behavior SO-412 T301
Dr. Mary Lou Rains
November 20, 2015
Behavior study of Obedience 2
Obedience means to comply by order, request, or law under a higher figures authori