The Mean is the measure of central tendency most likely to be affected by an extreme value.
2. The second quartile is the median of an ordered data set.
= mean x = value = Standard deviation
Population: Physicians in the U.S. Sample: 1205 physicians.
10. Descriptive branch: 60% of physicians considered leaving the practice of medicine because they were discouraged over the state of U.S. health care. Inference: U.S. health care in the U.S.
Column Sort(Ages of executives)
Std. Err. Median Range Min Max Q1 49 55 27 82
101.93495 10.096284 1.0096284
4. In terpret the results in terms of the data. In other words, the middle two quartiles range betwee
1. Click on Options, then Copy. P aste this Stem and Leaf Plot into
your Solutions File.
V ariable: Touchdowns Scored 1 : 555788 2 : 0111122344 2 : 5566777888999 3 : 001111122222223334444 3 : 5555566777888999 4 : 00011223334444 4 : 5555666677888889 5 : 00
1. Click on Stat, then Calculators, then Binomial. Put in 6 for n and 0.68 for p. Set the P(x) to = with the dropdown menu, then type in 0, followed by clicking on Compute. The P(0) will appear to the right. Type in 1, click on Compute, and the P(1) will
Now find probability for randomly selecting a bat (a sample size of o ne!) that weighs between 1.6 and 2.2 grams. A fter each computation w ith the normal calculator, Click on Ctrl, Alt, P r int Screen to capture your screen and paste it into your solu
You will find the data for #25 loaded in Stat Cruncher on the left side labeled: Ex6_2-25.txt, Click on it to bring up the data set for this problem. You need to use the normal distribution or the t-distribution to construct a 95% confidence interval f
September 7, 2012
#4, 10, 14, 18, 24, 26, 32, 38
4) The sample consists of the subset of responses from physicians, which are the 1205
10) Because the 60% is based on a subset of the population, it is a
Claim is H0 Reject H0: There is enough evidence to reject the claim. Fail to reject H0: There is not enough evidence to reject the claim.
Claim is Ha Reject H0: There is enough evidence to support the claim. Fail to reject H0: There is not enough evidence
To reject the null hypothesis is to choose the TRUE value.
T he alternative hypothesis is the TRUE value.
1-.01 = .99 Zc 2.33 = .9901
.05 / 2 = 0.025
-Z0 =-1.645 = .05
(49.7-50)/(3.37/sqrt(50) = -0.629471912
u = 3.8 n = 70 o = 1.23 a = .
Determine whether the scatter diagram indicates that a C
. . . . '1
linear relatton mav exrst between the two variables. If m D
the relation is linear. determine whether it indicates a a 2']
positive or negative association between the variables. £3: 1'
Identify the sample space of the probability experiment and determine the number of outcomes in
the sample space.
Guessing the last digit in the price of a TV
The sample space is cfw_0,1 ,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 .
(Use a comma to separate answers as needed. Use a