Chapter 14 Exam clean
1. Advertisements that target listeners to stop smoking are an appeal to _ needs.
2. The underlying internal force that drives people to achieve their goals is called
Chapter 13 Exam clean
1. In the study mentioned in the text, people were asked to tap the rhythm of a wellknown song so that another person could guess what song they were tapping. It turns
out that _ of the listeners could identify the song.
Chapter 12 Exam clean
1. When you want to communicate a special tone or mood, you should use a _ font.
2. The font type that has little lines at the top and bottom of each letter is known as _.
Chapter 10 Exam clean
1. Ethnic _ consists of a variety of English that includes words and phrases used
by a specific ethnic group.
2. Oral language is considered much less varied than written language; only _ word
Chapter 15 Exam clean
1. A conclusion that is based on partial information is called a(n) _.
2. A persons charisma derives from his or her _.
Chapter 9c Exam
1. Your introduction and conclusion together should make up about _ of your speaking
The text described _ types of speech outlines.
One of the hardest thing
Chapter 8 Exam
1. Which of the following is NOT an effective technique that a speaker should use to
conclude a speech?
A. establishing credibility
B. making an inspirational appeal
C. sharing an anecdote
D. using a personal reference
2. As Patrick started
Chapter 11 Exam clean
1. Matt isnt worried at all about speaking in front of a diverse crowd. He knows that his
own culture is superior to all others and what he has to say will be recognized as
important. Matt is displaying _.
Chapter 16 Exam clean
1. Dave Barry is a well-known humorous speaker. He has earned his reputation for being a
great speaker by incorporating _ into his presentations.
2. A speaker who uses verbal ir
SPEECH 1110 2C
Central Idea: Euthanasia should be legalized because it is the individuals right to be able
to end their life.
1) Euthanasia is something that a lot of people have differing opinions abou
SPEECH Monday Nights 5-30-10:00
1. Topic: Chewing Tobacco
General Purpose: To persuade
The Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience to change take action and
change the lenient laws governing the use of chew
Central idea: When I built the tire swing with my grandma, it was fun and I enjoyed
the tire swing every trip since. It was one of my greatest accomplishments as a child
and I will forever cherish the memories.
45 Acres. That is how much space I allot to my home away
from home. These 45 acres may seem like just any old farm
to anyone who drives by Highway 15, but to me, this it is
the most amazing place in the entire world. Today I plan to
tell you everything ab
SPEECH 1110 2C
Central idea: Bottle water is not the best way to help the environment, yourself and others to use reusable
bottles is a lot better on all parties.
1) Each day Americans grab
Central Idea: How to make diabetic friendly chocolate chip cookies.
How to Make Chocolate Chip cookies
Low Carb, diabetic Friendly, delicious.
Now I am sure all of you are racking your brains trying to
Low carb, diabetic friendly, delicious. Now I am sure all of you are
racking your brains trying to think of what these three words
could possibly be connected. Of course we always hear low carb
and diabetic friendly together, but usually never mixed with
1.Recently, I had a conversation with my mom regarding a swimsuit I wanted to purchase
at JCrew. I have my first job, aside from occasionally babysitting, this summer and my
mom is trying to teac
18 Sept 2016
Press Briefing Speech Prep Outline
At the end of my speech, the audience will be able to list the two age
Groups most at risk for getting this
10 October 2016
The speaker I am evaluating is the football coach at Boys Town in Omaha, NE. I cannot
recall his name, but he gave a motivational speech at the Papillion LaVista Community Schools
2016-2017 school year k
7 November 2016
Hasty Generalization: Letting students have more recess will improve every students
grades and behaviors and will eliminate all future behavior problems in schools.
Red Herring Tactic: Clearly thes
14 November 2016
Ben, Jamaal and Maria have been friends for a long time. Jamaal and Maria were anxious to
resume their friendship with Ben upon his return from two years in Iraq. They had been emailing
Ben while he was
17 October 2016
I chose one of the side bar adds on Amazon.com. The advertisement was for childrens
Halloween costumes. The add was paid for by Amazon since they were the provider of the
specific costume that I clicked
3 October 2016
I. First you must make the espresso
A. Grind the coffee beans so they are fine but not too fine.
B. Place the grounds coffee in the filter holder of the espresso machine.
1. Taps the coffee once lightly t
15 September 2016
I. (Cause) Adult illiteracy is widespread in America today.
II. (Effect) Adult illiterates often live in poverty.
III. (Effect) Adult illiteracy is costly to society.
Read the prompt below and answer the questions.
One common piece of advice about public speaking is to "tell them what
you are going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you just told
How does this advice correspond to the three basic p
16 October 2016
Delp, Valorie. Middle School Recess. Love to Know. N.d. Web. 28 June 2016
Lounds, Randy. School Reinstates Recess for Middle School Students, Sees Positive Changes.
CSE 11.4 (2007-20
I walked into a friends house one day, and saw wooden letters spelling out her
daughters name hanging on the little girls door. I could not believe how perfectly they matched
her room! They looked like something you w
To inform my audience about Malala Yousafzai
Malala Yousafzai was born on July 12th 1997 in Mingora, a town in the Swat District of northwest Pakistan to her father, Ziauddin Yousafzai, According the the Malala Fund website.
In the do
Midterm Exam Review
Chapter 1: What is the difference between the four categories of human communication
(dyadic, small group, mass and Public Speaking)
Dydadic: happens between two people, a conversation. Small Group: involves a small number
of people wh