Problem Set #8
1. Show tht
l + 2E
See pge 228 in the lecture notes for definitions of the ribles.
2. Mrion, 8-3.
3. Mrion, 8-9.
4. Mrion, 8-13.
5. Mrion, 8-16.
6. Mrion, 8-24.
Problem Set #6
1. Derie Snell's lw of refrction from Fermt's principle of lest time.
2. Mrion, 6-2.
3. Mrion, 6-4.
4. Mrion, 6-5. When Mrion sys "line" in this problem, he relly mens
"cure lying in t
Physics 203 Finl Exmintion
Jnury 21, 1987 1:30 pm
ewrite nd sign the pledge on one of your exmintion booklets:
"I pledge my honor tht I he not iolted the Honor ode during this
Work six of the eight problems in this e
Problem Set #3
1. Sketch the phse plne trjectories for:
. A potentil of the form u(x) = x4 - bx2
b. A force proportionl to 1/x (consider both signs of the
2. Suppose tht dmped
Problem Set 1
eding: Mrion, hpter 1
Due Sept. 25, 1986
1. Proe tht the "triple sclr product" A (B x ) is equl to the
olume of the prllelopiped defined by the ectors A, B, .
2. By mking use of the Lei-iit d
Problem Set 2
1. onsider prticle with initil elocity 0 subject to the retrding force F =
-mkn. For smll n it trels only finite distnce, while for lrge n there is
no such limit. Proe this sttement. Find wht lue