1. Assessment can be a very important part of employee development. It can help
a company identify future managers and managers that are ready for higher-level
positions. Also, it can help in team situations to identify individuals streng
BUS381 Chapter 8
1. Technology has dramatically changed the learning environment. Not only does
it reduce the cost of delivering training to employees, it has also increased the
effectiveness of training. In addition, it helps training contribute to the b
2. Trainers in the future will need to develop skills that deal with trends like:
A. Use of new technology in training.
B. Demand for training in virtual work arrangements.
C. Speed in design, focus on content and multiple delivery metho
4. An employee can plateau for several reasons. The text cited examples of
discrimination, lack of ability or training, low achievement needs, dissatisfaction with
pay, low understanding of responsibilities, and slow company growth.
5. While searching several job sites online, I did find two positions that I was
qualified for. They are:
A. Crete Carrier has an excellent opportunity for a quality professional to
oversee our Payroll/Benefits Department. Duties consist
4. After visiting both websites, I decided to investigate the simulations on
The simulation I chose is their Apples & Oranges program which is designed to
bring an understanding of business finance to all levels of employe
1. I chose to explore application assignment number one as I have purchased
several product from HP for both the office and home use. Also, diversity is of great
interest to my employer, as we serve real estate agents.
HP demonstrates it