Summary of Salmonella Montevideo in Wonderful pistachio
On March 9, 2016, the company Wonderful Pistachios of Lost Hills in California
voluntarily recalled a limited number of flavors and sizes of in shell and shelled pistachios
because they may be contam
1. Which of the following is considered a non-thermal process:
B. high pressure processing
Points Earned: 1/1
Correct Answer: B
Your Response: B
2. Which of the following processes is not used as a lethality step:
The major fatty acids in olive oil triacylglycerols are:
Oleic Acid (C18:1), a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. It makes up 55 to 83% of
Linoleic Acid (C18:2), a polyunsaturated omega-6 fatty acid that makes up about 3.5 to
Summary point #1
According to the bar graph, I consumed 156 of my daily of fruit from
whole fruits, 40% from fruit juice.
Summary points #2
My empty calorie limit for the day was 70, I only ate 58 empty calories.
My empty calorie intake is okay.
Which of the following are FAT-TOM factors that affect the
growth of microorganisms?
Moisture, Oxygen, Temperature, and Time.
All of the above
Which of the following usually requires the highest pH (lowest acid level) for
Which of the f
Exam 3 Food Science
1. Govt. agency responsible for the regulation of processed food except meat
2. Around the turn of the century, this group of volunteers in the USDA agreed
to eat certain food additives that were of concern
a. Poison Squad
Science of Food 131/1310
Exam 2A (Web)
Do Not Open This Exam Until Authorized
1. Use a number 2 pencil only.
2. Write Exam 2A (Web) and the color of this exam cover sheet at
the top of your answer sheet, above your name.